cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX official Windows 8.1 Update

Zalamander
Level 7
Been looking for a few hours now and can't understand why I cant't get this update or even get linked to it in windows store.

Does the OEM version of windows 8 on G75VX not support the Windows 8.1 update at all? Becuse thats the only conclusion I can find when looking through microsofts troubleshooting for this problem.
14 REPLIES 14

rewben
Level 13
this free upgrade should work for oem versions. (I saw it shown at windows store on my alienware m17x r4 running w8 pro oem)

my g55 is running w8 pro retail. it has no problem upgrading.

try do a slmgr /dlv and find out the sku version of your w8.

SpasTaz0917
Level 7
be sure to have all theupdates first 🙂
then go into Windows Store.
if that didn't help, reboot.
that worked for me 🙂
rig: Impact VII / 4790K / Crucial Ballistix SP 16GB 1600Mhz/ 256GB 850 Pro
Corsair AX760 / H105 AIO Watercooling / Bitfenix Prodigy
laptop: G75VW 3630QM / 670m /16GB RAM / 256GB 840 Pro + 750gb/ BD drive
Gaming OC for 670m 750/1750

Have all updates hve rebooted several times. :<

slmgr /dlv says:
Windows core edition
Windows Operating system, OEM_DM channel.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Zalamander wrote:
Have all updates hve rebooted several times. :<

slmgr /dlv says:
Windows core edition
Windows Operating system, OEM_DM channel.

My G750Jw shows the exact same thing and can see the Win8.1 update on Windows Store, so it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Just wondering if you installed Win8.1 Preview and if you can check your Windows updates again specifically for KB2871389 which allows you to see the Win8.1 update on Windows Store, but it may be a good idea to get the other important or critical Windows updates at the same time if you don't have them.

Link from Microsoft's website if anybody is interested: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/why-can-t-find-update-store

cl-Albert wrote:
My G750Jw shows the exact same thing and can see the Win8.1 update on Windows Store, so it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Just wondering if you installed Win8.1 Preview and if you can check your Windows updates again specifically for KB2871389 which allows you to see the Win8.1 update on Windows Store, but it may be a good idea to get the other important or critical Windows updates at the same time if you don't have them.

Link from Microsoft's website if anybody is interested: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/why-can-t-find-update-store

checked my list of updates installed now, it find no more updates and there isn't a single update installed that starts with "KB287***" only 286 and below. 128 updates installed in total.

Tried disable automatic updates and pressed search for updates, I get "Can't look for updates becuse Windows Update is not running, you might need to reboot." I rebooted and got the same result... what joke is this? :S

edit: Tried starting the Windows Update service manualy, just get error 1053, service not responding.

rewben
Level 13
.. that's the core edition, oem channel; weird 😕

PadiG75VX
Level 8
G75VX updated to Windows 8.1 🙂

MAdMotty
Level 7
Did mine last night and had all up to date driver's but still had problems. The wi-fi was the only thing that would not work, no matter what I did. Refreshed laptop that didn't work so now resetting back to factory settings.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
MAdMotty wrote:
Did mine last night and had all up to date driver's but still had problems. The wi-fi was the only thing that would not work, no matter what I did. Refreshed laptop that didn't work so now resetting back to factory settings.

fyi. Not sure if you saw them and haven't heard how well this works, but the ASUS G75VX download site here has wireless and bluetooth drivers posted for Win8.1 if you are interested although you might want to check with others who upgraded successfully before going through it all again.