cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Mods, what do you do when you're done with them?

Retired
Not applicable
So you've finished a mod, taken it to a couple of competitions and won, and then put all of the parts from inside into another computer. When all you have left is your original case mod, what do you do with it after you've started working on a new project?

Do you keep every case mod you've done as a trophy? Do you give it to a friend? Do you sell it to a random stranger? Donate it to a local shop?
13 REPLIES 13

Retired
Not applicable
I really wish I could have kept my old mods in one piece. I've always parted them out and moved on. It's really a little bittersweet after you spend months working on something. It's the modding circle of life... Lol. I still have the cases themselves, but they've been so heavily modified that I can't just drop hardware back in and use them. In some instances, I've sold some unique parts to other people. A case cover here, a front panel there. I use that to fund the next project.

Retired
Not applicable
it would be cool if the cases can be auctioned off for charity. maybe do a 50:50 split i dunno food for thought.

Retired
Not applicable
Brian@ASUS wrote:
it would be cool if the cases can be auctioned off for charity. maybe do a 50:50 split i dunno food for thought.

I would be down for doing that. Is there going to be any auction like that I could donate my case to that you guys know of?

Retired
Not applicable
Auctioning off the cases would be a worthy cause... as long as you didn't have to provide tech support after the sale. I'd hate to try and walk someone through troubleshooting on one of my builds. Lol.

DarthBeavis
Level 9
I have most of mine around. Sometimes I use them at my vet clinic as a workstation.

Retired
Not applicable
Yea no warranty either haha

Retired
Not applicable
Lol, the warranty is pretty much voided as soon as I open the box. I'm surprised I'm not on some sort of warranty blacklist. I'm sure DarthBeavis would be on there as well... 😉

craigbru wrote:
Lol, the warranty is pretty much voided as soon as I open the box. I'm surprised I'm not on some sort of warranty blacklist. I'm sure DarthBeavis would be on there as well... 😉

LOL - bro I am sure they have an industry black-list with us on the top of the no-fly list.

XZEMi
Level 7
I really dont have to tell anyone what I do with them. Actually lately i've been giving them to people who dont have computers or would benefit from a good case. I have kept one however because its over 10 years old and it has a matching abit board from the good ol days. Its unique because you cant find it anymore and has a shadow card. I like to build so I always upgrade and end up with spare parts. Or people ask me to build a new system and they just ask me if I want their old one.