cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

280X Matrix audio

oxidax
Level 7
Hi Folks,
I just got a 280X Matrix and just noticed that it doesn't have an HDMI input. I dont even know why i didn't check in the first place.
My problem is that neither my tv or receiver have a displayport input and my PC is hooked up to my TV via HDMI with my receiver...or used to with my 7950.

I am using the DVI to HDMI adapter that they sent me with the card but thats not streaming audio or i don't know if its just that im doing it wrong.
Is there a way to make the DVI stream audio as well or do i have to get a displayport to hdmi adapter for this?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

kkn
Level 14
you have to go in to the sound option on youre pc to set it up.
right click on the "speaker" down right and open volum mixer and under programs click the "computer" and sound devices ( think thats the word on english ) and choose the one you want to be main sound output.
this is w7.
thats how it is whit me, and i have nvidia, so i dont know how it is on amd cards.

kkn wrote:
you have to go in to the sound option on youre pc to set it up.
right click on the "speaker" down right and open volum mixer and under programs click the "computer" and sound devices ( think thats the word on english ) and choose the one you want to be main sound output.
this is w7.
thats how it is whit me, and i have nvidia, so i dont know how it is on amd cards.

I think it would be the same way but on mine i only see Digital Audio (S/PDIF) available and "Realtek HDMI output" grayed out