01_Wolverine
Level 12
here is an interesting read. Between Nvidia and AMD

http://www.semiaccurate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7499
6 REPLIES 6

Shawnnepc
Level 13
I pretty much agree with the last comment on that topic :

"Oh good god. It's all of your usual rants combined into one. I can't keep track of which thread is which in this forum any more, they all look the same because they're full of your nonsense about "Kaveri leadpiping Intel" and "AMD ripping out NVidia's throat". Calm the **** down. Yeah, AMD is going to have an advantage over NVidia in Mantle games. But it doesn't warrant this level of enthusiasm polluting every single thread on the board." - NTMBK

We have no idea if Mantle will become the next big thing.

Until we see it in actual use, I wouldn't ring the death knell for NVIDIA
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

X-ROG
Level 15
I think there's a very liberal covering of assumption in that post. It's what he wants to happen more than what will with any degree of certainty (that's not saying there will of course be shades of grey). No discussion of NvA is unbiased.

AMD is in an increasingly positive position, but there's a long, long road ahead. One that's interesting and competitive, I hope!

Hi

I took this article as the competition and innovation of products from both companies.

Nvidia already countered with the 780ti vs AMDs' R9 290x.

Nvidia will do with assumed price reductions in their enthusiast vga.

Hope this will be healthy for them and us,the consumer

Never heard of Hsa either,but it look like it maybe a new entry into the pc market

01 Wolverine wrote:
Never heard of Hsa either,but it look like it maybe a new entry into the pc market

HSA is just an architecture. I think it's pretty cool.

But of course means nothing for desktop systems.

It would have been better, if instead of both AMD and Nvidia creating seperate API's, there should be either a new and further improved OpenGL...or a whole committee dedicated to creating an even better API that works closer to the hardware level, like Mantle is supposed to do and Nvid's NvA(?) and finally, once and for all...get rid of DirectX. Honestly, I dunno about you guys, but im a little sick of having to upgrade an OS, just because Micro$haft dictates that the latest DirectX won't work on previous versions on Windows. It's about time they became hardware dependent, not OS dependent. The day that Micro$haft no longer dictates what OS we should use(for whatever reason) is the day i'll be happy :cool:

Plus I am not looking forward to possibly missing out on games in the future, because that game is optimized for one API or the other 😕

Did love that final comment at the end(of the link) too hahaha 😄

01 Wolverine wrote:
Hi

HSA is not a new idea, it's been around for about 5(?) years and it's AMD vision for the future...whether we enthusiasts want it or not lol

Thanks for the correction guys