cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z - wont boot - any tips? Debug 30

Retired
Not applicable
Hi,

My motherboard, Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z wont boot and stucks on debug number 30, which in the manual means "System is waking up from S3 sleep state".

I have following setup:

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Intel Core i7-2600K
Kingston DDR3 HyperX T1 2000MHz 8GB (Manual says its 100% compatible)
EVGA GTX 590 Classified
Corsair Hydro H100 CPU Cooler
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Barracuda XT Harddrive
And Corsair SSD

Is any of these not compatible? cause i did a little research and it should be.

Anyway, help me solve this problem and i will be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!
7 REPLIES 7

Area_66
Level 11
reset the bios place only 1 stick of RAM and go in the BIOS for make sure the BLK is set to 100, also make sure the "Internal PLL Overvoltage" is disable and the ram are not at XMP , set you ram speed manually at 1333 mhz

Retired
Not applicable
MarkedOne wrote:
reset the bios place only 1 stick of RAM and go in the BIOS for make sure the BLK is set to 100, also make sure the "Internal PLL Overvoltage" is disable and the ram are not at XMP , set you ram speed manually at 1333 mhz

I've tried that with one stick, it didnt work. Cant even access the Bios. The screen wont come on.
But i removed the processor and i discovered that the there were 2 pins on the socket that were bent? is this most likely the problem? i would guess that x)
Or what do you think?

Area_66
Level 11
One thing is sure, you have to fix the bent pins first. I can't help as I never encounter one bent; I always make sure to drop all the 4 corners of the cpu in the socket at same time.

Retired
Not applicable
MarkedOne wrote:
One thing is sure, you have to fix the bent pins first. I can't help as I never encounter one bent; I always make sure to drop all the 4 corners of the cpu in the socket at same time.

Thank you anyway, i will keep that in mind when i get the motherboard back. I will call the retailer tomorrow and see if any warranty covers it.

Retired
Not applicable
MarkedOne wrote:

Thank you anyway, i will keep that in mind when i get the motherboard back. I will call the retailer tomorrow and see if any warranty covers it.

Area_66
Level 11
Unfortunately bent pins are not cover under warranty

Retired
Not applicable
Make sure your RAM sticks are fully inserted. I had the same issue and as it turned out the lack of locks on the bottom side tricked me into thinking the RAM sticks are fully inserted while there was still 2mm to go for full contact.