Mouse Steel Series Rival 500
    Headset Sennheiser PC360 GAME
    Mouse Pad Qpad
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z5500
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS DSL-N66U

Quote Originally Posted by sh000kz View Post
    thats not right, the uni driver brings nothing for phoebus
    The OP asked for Essence STX drivers, Uni Xonar does it well...
    | Sabertooth p67 rev b | i7 2600k @4,8GHz | 2x8GB 2133MHz Corsair | MSI GamingX GTX 1080@2125MHz | 256GB Samsung 840Pro | MX300 1TB | 2x 120GB Intel 510 | Xonar Phoebus | Zalman ZM-850HP | Logitech G810 & SS Rival 500 | Acer Z35 |

ROG Enthusiast Array sh000kz PC Specs
    sh000kz PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-9900K
    Graphics Card #1Gainward GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti Phoenix
    Graphics Card #2HEATKILLER® IV for RTX 2080 Ti - ACRYL Ni RGB
    Sound CardCreative Soundblaster ZXR
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG27UQsa
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 Pro NVME
    CPU Coolercuplex kryos NEXT 1156/1155/1151/1150, Nickel/Nickel
    CaseThermaltake The Tower 900 White
    Power SupplyAsus ROG Thor 850W
    Keyboard Asus ROG Horus RGB
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Asus ROG Centurion
    Mouse Pad Titanwolf Big
    Headset/Speakers Edifier 2.0
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterModem Vigor165 and many Ubiquiti Network Compnents
    Accessory #1 aquaero 6 PRO USB Fan-Controller, Grafik-LCD
    Accessory #2 airplex radical 2/240 Radiator, 2x airplex radical 2/420 Radiator
    Accessory #3 Durchflusssensor high flow USB G1/4, VISION Touch Tischgerät, matt vernickelt, farbwerk USB, aquastr

Quote Originally Posted by Tellus View Post
    The OP asked for Essence STX drivers, Uni Xonar does it well...
    sorry my fault

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    I don't know about that sorry.
    dou you have direct contact to an dev/enge and can ask for the community and me ?

please dont answer me with *contact local support...bla...* local support knows nothing about new driver, whql or something about thier own products, thats fact!

edit: @ts

Quote Originally Posted by VectorRoll View Post

Here is another question.
    What about the On-board sound for my ASUS Sabertooth 990FX? It is the first revision of the board. It has a Realtek ALC892. Will that get a WHQL Driver or will my Mobo need an updated IC?
    u can use all drivers from sabertooth 990 rev 2

they work fine for me on my sabertooth 990 rev 1
    Last edited by sh000kz; 10-22-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    Rules are made to be brake
    Some Pics of my RIG https://abload.de/gallery.php?key=kQVMUtOc

ROG Member Array

Google Uni Xonar, they work in 8.1, they also work alot better then stock drivers.

Lazy link
    I might try that. Thanks
    If it does not work, I'll just uninstall it.

Quote Originally Posted by sh000kz View Post
    thats not right, the uni driver brings nothing for phoebus

u are the lucky one that phoebus work with windows standard driver
    I am not using Phoebus, but I am curious as to what you mean by it does not bring anything to Phoebus.
    For example are you talking about its Audio Positioning in games, or even the way the console features work.

Like I said I am just curious.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

He means the "Uni Xonar" drivers doesn't work for the Pheobus. Like other here people has been waiting 7 months for a full working WHQL driver. 2 beta drivers in a year and 6 months is pretty bad. Protected audio will not play along with numerous other issues. A new driver was/is suppose to be released this month for it. but it seems windows 8.1 update broke that deal though. So basically everyone with a Pheobus is sitting dead in the water waiting for WHQL drivers to come out.

Like others we have basically given up on Asus for support on this "ROG" labeled sound card.

Official/Unofficial? Beta Tester For The Asus ROG Pheobus Xonar 2012 - 2013

The driver works fine on 8.1 for me, i think a thourough wipe of the malfunctionning one should be enough to get it working again.

This pretty much explains it all. I really didn't need to type anything else out at this point about it.

You can get the driver working, but just barely. Protected audio still wont work, enabling Xear can cause the card to enter failsafe mode (extended features gets turned off by OS), same thing has happened twice so far with dolby also. Good old channel swap surprise is still present aswell.

In short, we need a new driver...

Quote Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
    The driver works fine on 8.1 for me, i think a thourough wipe of the malfunctionning one should be enough to get it working again.

ROG Member Array

Google Uni Xonar, they work in 8.1, they also work alot better then stock drivers.

Lazy link
    Well I tried this and I like it. Uni Xonar is working just fine for me so far. In fact the sound is actually better somehow. Hard to explain but it has more oomph to it. Sort of like it is a little louder and more crisper. Although some the Environmental Effects seem off from what they were before. I need to test that part a little more, but so far I am liking the Uni Xonar Driver.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER_K View Post
    He means the "Uni Xonar" drivers doesn't work for the Pheobus. Like other here people has been waiting 7 months for a full working WHQL driver. 2 beta drivers in a year and 6 months is pretty bad. Protected audio will not play along with numerous other issues. A new driver was/is suppose to be released this month for it. but it seems Windows 8.1 update broke that deal though. So basically everyone with a Pheobus is sitting dead in the water waiting for WHQL drivers to come out.

Like others we have basically given up on Asus for support on this "ROG" labeled sound card.

Official/Unofficial? Beta Tester For The Asus ROG Pheobus Xonar 2012 - 2013
    Thanks for explaining that. What he said makes a lot more sense now.

A while back when the Phoebus was first mentioned, I was very interested in it since the Essence STX was so nice. I held off though as I didn't need to replace it. Then the other day when the mod here mentioned that we would not be getting a Windows 8.1 driver for my sound card I did start to think about that card again. Yet I would rather keep using my Essence STX. It is such a great card and if I do not have to replace it then great.

You know...
    WHQL or Not, as long as the card works without causing issues I am fine. Sure I would rather have a driver that is tested and certified for the operating system that I am using, but if Microsoft does not want to do that over some stupid chip then so be. Just as long as someone can offer a working driver that was made with some sense of quality. One would think that ASUS or any company would still make a quality driver for their product even if Microsoft will not test and certify it as WHQL. You would think that they would still want their products to work on as many systems as possible. It would be good for business. I hope ASUS will keep making drivers for all of there Xonar line and not just stop when Microsoft says that they will no longer certify a product as WHQL.

Anyways I am going to keep using the Uni Xonar for now. It seems to be working great so far. The people that made it did a great job.

Thanks again everyone for the help.

ROG Enthusiast Array Tellus PC Specs
    Tellus PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Sabertooth P67 revB
    Processori7 2600K @4,8GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair 2x8GB 2133MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI GamingX GTX 1080
    Sound CardASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorAcer Z35
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB
    Storage #2Crucial MX300 1050GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua D14
    CaseFractal Design ARC
    Power SupplyZalman 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Steel Series Rival 500
    Headset Sennheiser PC360 GAME
    Mouse Pad Qpad
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z5500
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS DSL-N66U

Glad to hear it's working well with UniXonar, one reason it can sound like it has more oomph is probably that the gain settings for the headphone amp is different, you might need to check them to make sure their within range of your HP's impedance. A reason for UniXonar to sound different otherwise is because the fake surround delay is usualy removed with them (see note on upmixing in stock driver)
    | Sabertooth p67 rev b | i7 2600k @4,8GHz | 2x8GB 2133MHz Corsair | MSI GamingX GTX 1080@2125MHz | 256GB Samsung 840Pro | MX300 1TB | 2x 120GB Intel 510 | Xonar Phoebus | Zalman ZM-850HP | Logitech G810 & SS Rival 500 | Acer Z35 |

New ROGer Array

with the UNi Xonar 1821 v1.71 r2 it says it needs to bypass signature enforcement and i can restart with it turned off but its getting annoying since i need to do it everytime by going through 10 tabs of things.

can anyone give me a way around this?
    windows 8.1 x64 PRO
    if the driver enforcement is on for even one restart it stops working and i then need to restart it with enforcement off again to reinstall it then restart again and again turn off driver signature enforcement.

so any help?

maybe asus should just reimburse me sinc eive had this sound card for less than a year
    Last edited by fweeBK; 10-25-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast