cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanding RAM in G750JW

afdandrea
Level 7
HI all, I have a few questions about expanding RAM memory in my new ASUS G750JW.

I just added a 8gb RAM chip, on top of its original 8gb RAM base. Windows 8.1 System specs does recognize the increase from 8 to 16gb RAM.

However, my FreeRAM XP (free ram optimizer from CNET download.com) still indicate only 4095mb (100%) available, the same as *before* the chip upgrade.

So, I'm here wondering.
1- Is this a limitation of FreeRAM XP app, or am I missing to tweak something in my system (such as BIOS?)?
2- If so, how do I tweak it please?
3- If it is a limitation on the FreeRAM, can you recommend one memory optimizer that will display the *real* RAM memory available?
4- More importantly, was this upgrade really necessary?... (I haven't noticed any difference in speed)

Thank you,
Tony
2 REPLIES 2

villiansv
Level 11
8gb is more than enough, you will likely not see any difference. FreeRAM XP seems like a program from 2006, and probably is a 32-bit-only aware program (hence only seeing the 4gb ram). You don't need any ram optimizers, those were questionably useful even with 32-bit winxp and are definitely pointless in Win Vista and above.

afdandrea
Level 7
Thank you, villiansv. I appreciate your response.