cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with OC 1090T on Crosshair V Formula Z

edrak
Level 10
I have a Crosshair V Formula Z MB with an AMD 1090T BE and 4x4 Gskill 1333Mhz RAM. Right now I have the processor OC'd to 3.6 Ghz, via D.O.C.P. I was wondering if I could OC it to 4.3 Ghz and if so how would I go about setting the voltages? I am running a Corsair H100i cooler with an ASUS Ghz edition 7870 2GB video card. I am also running a CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w PSU. Any help would be very appreciated.
40 REPLIES 40

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Take the increases in steps...don't just shoot for 4.3 right off the bat. Go for 3.7, then say 3.9 then try for 4. Leave your RAM at Auto timings and then work on that after you reach your main goal, if you're able to get it there 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
That is very good advice that you have been given. Small steps means safe PC components.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
edrak . Welcome ROG.

Be careful .. 4.3 is a lofty goal for that cpu. Very Careful.c.

edrak
Level 10
Thank you for the feedback, when I tried to OC to 3.7, the os would crash. I did not adjust the voltage for the cpu though so that may help in getting the chip stable

HiVizMan
Level 40
Chris is the man at the minute, go over to look at the Autumn folly thread and you will see that his CPU 110T is killing the newer AMD processors and he is 1GHz lower clocked than they are. You can learn a lot from Chris.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Chris is the man at the minute, go over to look at the Autumn folly thread and you will see that his CPU 110T is killing the newer AMD processors and he is 1GHz lower clocked than they are. You can learn a lot from Chris.

WOW .. as I live and breath myBrother. I can't think of anything better to have with my coffee this morning than a sincere compliment from 'our' very own OC King. ~ bows to the Viz in Thanks !

That humbly said .. letting my head deflate just a touch ..
Edrak .. can you give us a screen shot of your bios settings ??
or download cpu-z and open it twice, once on cpu tab the other on memory ?

The first thing I had to learn to do to start to get the best out of my machine
was forget about docp .. [it's not as scary as it sounds]
With that cooler and your memory @ 1600 you will run'n that @ 4ghz all day
no sweat.
I have found that with AMD everything depends on how your particular cpu
plays with your particular Memory .. no two cpu's or sets of memory are the same.
Worry not friend .. you are most of the way there - you are here.c.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You are in good hands here edrak.

This is the cpu-z information you asked me to upload. The CPU-Z on the left is the CPU. Thank you for the help.

edrak
Level 10
The RAM is G Skill F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH RAM. The RAM is air cooled. I am a little worried about taking the RAM to 1600 vs 1333.