Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Have you cleared the bios yet and rebooted? And the bios is the latest one also correct? Put video cards in slots 1 & 4 and the sound card in slot 3.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER_K View Post
    Have you cleared the bios yet and rebooted? And the bios is the latest one also correct? Put video cards in slots 1 & 4 and the sound card in slot 3.
    yeah bin there don that bios version is the latest 1903 cant put my card in slot 4 there(and than i'll asume you mean the PCIE_3? or is it the last one?

ROG Enthusiast Array Highlnder3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brute Force View Post
    just tell me how to do so because i see that it all ready sees that it is 1x
    This is what I was afraid of, he still has the last PCI-E 3.0 slot setup for GPU.
    I'd rather be a smartass than a dumbass!!!

Maximus V Extreme - 3770K @ 4.5ghz - Kingston Hyper X KHX24C11K4/16X 16GB @ 2400mhz
    Corsair Hydro Series H80i - 2 x MSI GTX 770 Lightning - Samsung 830 SSD 256GB - WD Caviar Black 2TB
    Xonar Phoebus - Corsair AX1200i - Antec Eleven Hundred - LG 27EA63V

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Highlnder3 View Post
    This is what I was afraid of, he still has the last PCI-E 3.0 slot setup for GPU.
    but is there any trick to fix it or buy a new board?

I'm wondering if he flips the pci-e switches to off for lanes 2 & 4 would that correct the isssue.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER_K View Post
    I'm wondering if he flips the pci-e switches to off for lanes 2 & 4 would that correct the isssue.
    yes i did try that just being curious about it and never the less it wasn't successful either. Also not forget to mention that nr.4 (dip switches)is "on" because of the sound card,,,,,,
    Last edited by Brute Force; 10-24-2013 at 12:01 AM.

ROG Member Array

hey friend, why don´t you try with the Second Bios of the motherboard may be the 1st one is corrupt.... you could change to the second one and test if the failure persists.... what do u think?
    MAximusS V Extreme + XFX 7970 black ed CrossfireX + 3 tb WD Black + Crucial m4 OS/Games + TT 1000W TRX2 + 4 Multi -Display + Xonar DX7.1 + Core i7 3770k + 16gb Gskill TridentX 2.4ghz + LG 2486l display x 3 + philips 42" tv + Thermaltake element V + Harmand/Kardon and Polkaudio 5.1 sound system ready :P

Any update on the problem Brute Force? Did a bit more digging. Some people said they used slot 1 & 4 with the sound card in slot 6. It all worked fine. Perhaps it maybe just the sound card isn't going to work for you. Found this thread, you might can find something in this one.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...x-8x-or-8x-16x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2