cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Hero, problems with adaptive mode.

fourius
Level 7
Hello,
It does a couple of days buy a Asus Maximus VI Hero and a processor 4770k (it has a VID of 1.088V).
I have the bios updated to the last version 0804.

Everything works correctly, but the processor to speed of stock when it activates the turbo (3900MHz) the voltage rises even 1.200V!, excessive.
I have looked in the BIOS and have proved different configurations to realize undeclock with similar result:

1 º
- CPU Core Voltage: AUTO.
Results:
- Without turbo be activating (3500MHz) to 1.088V
- When the turbo activates (3900MHz) to 1.200V

2 º
- CPU Core Voltage: Adaptive Mode
- Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltaje: 1.150V
Results:
- Without turbo be activating (3500MHz) to 1.088V
- When the turbo activates (3900MHz) to 1.200V

3 º
- CPU Core Voltage: Adaptive Mode.
- Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltaje: 0.620V.
Results:
- Without turbo be activating (3500MHz) to 1.088V.
- When the turbo is activated (3900MHz) to 1.200V.

In short, I can not change the processor voltage to 1.15V when the turbo is activated in adaptive mode.

Is it possible to use the adaptive mode and to put to 1.15V the processor when the turbo is activated?
It is possible to use the manual mode to do undeclock and that the voltage in idle behave like in adaptive mode?

Another alternative is the offset mode but it lowers the voltage in idle and in load, thing that i do not want.

Other solution?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello what you need to try is offset mode rather.

F5 to reset defaults and enter

Set the XMP profile as your mode of OC - this will sort out all the memory settings for you.

Now select the multiplier you would like your system to run at. I suggest 42 to start with.

In the Digi+ section change the LLC to 5

Now return to the main OC menu (ESC key) and go down to VCore

Here select offset as your mode of vcore
the + sign
and
as the amount.

Leave everything else on AUTO

F10 to save and enter to reboot.

Now download and open CPUz.

Pay attention to your vcore and your frequency.

When your system is at rest your vcore and core frequency will drop to 0.600 - 0.800 and your frequency will drop too. When you apply a load they both will immediately revert to the max you have set.

Hope that helps and if I have not understood your question please to ask again and include the full system hardware list too.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

My system:
Mi sistema:
CPU: 4770k
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI hero
Memory: 16GB G.Skill 2133MHz
Hard disks: Samsung SSD 840 Evo 250GB and Seagate 2000GB
Graphic: Radeon 6870HD 1GB

HiVizMan with the configuration on that you have commented to me I raise the voltage.

I want, if it is possible, is to lower the voltage (underclock) when the turbo is activated using the Adaptive Mode.
Just now when the turbo is activated (3900MHz) the processor works to a voltage of 1.2v and I want to lower it, for example to 1.15v, using the Adaptive Mode.

Actually I have 0.711v in idle and if I use the offset mode as you comment on me, but now with the - sign, under the voltage in idle and I do not want.

Mi question:
¿It is possible to under alone the voltage of the turbo without changing the voltage of idle with adaptive mode?

Thank you.

HiVizMan
Level 40
You want less voltage when the turbo is enabled.

Is your system stable with less voltage? How have you tested?

Set manual mode for less voltage and see if your system is stable, use ROG Realbench - use the benchmark NOT the stress test and see if your system passes with the lower voltage. Once you have that then we can work on either adaptive or negative offset.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

fourius
Level 7
I have realized the tests and with 1.16V it is stable to 3900MHz.

I have realized the tests with the voltage in manual mode.

Now since do I it do with adaptive mode?

I want to use the adaptive mode, but without lowering the voltage in idle only when the turbo is in use, if this is possible.

Regards