cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help debug LED 08 is keeping me from enjoying my computer, any suggestions

Retired
Not applicable
I have a MIVE that I have installed 16GB of Corsair Vengeance 1866 mhz with the same 9-10-9-27 timing
Also have it paired with an i7 2600k. Every time I boot up from the Start/power button I get hung up at the 08 debug LED code. I already switched to the 1409 bios and this did not help it. If I use the go button I boot all the way thru to the bios, which makes me think their is a serious problem with your board and this memories compatability. XMP profile puts the DIMM's at correct timing and frequency, but causes an overclocking error. Then of course the system saves, reboots and hangs at 08 and shuts back down. Any suggestions would be great. BTW was too much of a noob (First build) before buying all this stuff to not check mobo forums and get the right ram, but I could be second guessing myself. Thanks in advance.

Specs:

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme 1409 Bios
I7 2600k Sandy (no OC yet)
16gb corsair vengeance 1866 mhz ram 9-10-9-27
EVGA GTX 580 3Gb
Antec Kuhler 920 Liquid Cooler
WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD
11 REPLIES 11

Prophet
Level 7
According to the manual, 08 code has to do with "system agent." This is on the CPU and in basic terms, is used to control the base clock of the entire system. If it's stuck there, you may have a bad CPU. Not sure of any outside factor that can effect system agent aside from over-volt or under-volt.

Retired
Not applicable
Could a reseating possibly help? Also have gotten windows to boot now but after an update it restarts and hangs at 08 again. I can get back to the bios but have to start up pushing the go button to do it. Could a bad CPU even boot to Windows?

Prophet
Level 7
It can be bad but not a failed CPU and still boot. It's like a car with a dead cylinder in the engine. It runs, but very poorly. A reseat might help. It's worth a shot. I would just do it with everything and see what happens. May be a loose power cable. I've seen some odd small things cause major issues.

xeromist
It might help but usually if you have pins not making contact it won't work at all. Just for good measure remove all drives & peripherals as well as removing all but one stick of memory. Keep it as simple as possible after the reseat and see what happens.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

FedericoUY
Level 7
Keep just one memory module, one vga, do a clear cmos, Q-Reset, and switch the LN2 mode to Off. Helped me with some troubles. Hope you get it. Cheers.

Retired
Not applicable
Tried all of this even got a second opinion when I reseated my cpu. Going to RMA it will update if that fixes the problem. The CPU at bios was running 50 to 55 degrees is that normal because it seemed a little high to me?

Prophet
Level 7
That is a bit hot at stock clocks. Only thing that can cause that is a poorly mounted heat sink. Or improper thermal compound application.

Retired
Not applicable
I do not think it is, I have mounted heat sinks before (twice at this point) and used some arctic silver thermal compound as well as the stock that was on the back of the sink. Gonna try stock fan before I go to bed, maybe it is the liquid cooling system. Would those temps cause this problem though?

Raja
Level 13
Increase VCCIO to around 1.10V and see if it helps.

-Raja