Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Win 8.1 ISO

  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    42

    Win 8.1 ISO

    Where can I download win 8.1 ISO compatible with the G750's? I know you can download it on microsoft.com but its the same problems as when I was looking for WIN 8, you need a CD key to download and laptops windows key are all embedded into the laptops motherboard.

    I want to do a clean install, also I remember seeing someone posted a great Win7/8 clean install guide where is it?

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    42

    Also, even if I get a win 8.1 ISO will I be able to make a clean install on it? Like, will my laptop motherboard recognize the 8.1 and proceed to install it? (cause we get free upgrade to 8.1) or you can only upgrade meaning you still need to install win 8 first and then UPGRADE

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    2,441

    i think G750 is win 8 system, you can download 8.1 from store, also you can buy in e-store, i saw some people buy from amazon.

  4. #4
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    50

    Quote Originally Posted by pitcher@asus View Post
    i think you best from win 8 upgrate to win 8.1.
    roflmao

  5. #5
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    345

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitcher@asus View Post
    i think you best from win 8 upgrate to win 8.1.
    ROFLMAO! Seriously, is this guy an administrator? HAHAHAH

  6. #6
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    42

    I kinda agree with you on this one, its been bugging me a while actually ever since I joined the forum, he always gives very broad answers or no useful answer at all..., sometimes I dont even know what he means. this forum is missing a actual admin that gives people concrete answers and helpful suggestions, im pretty sure their forum for ASIA users is much more elaborated than this one which is a shame. The guy tells me to just better upgrade but none of my questions are actually answered and im pretty sure he knows the answer of a lot of the things, its either too hard for him to explain in proper english or he doesnt want to do it.

    If thats the case, ASUS should find more people than can get their point across in english better...

    It should be noted that my purpose was not to be offensive or toxic, but some things must be pointed out.
    Last edited by coolsbrah; 10-23-2013 at 08:24 AM.

  7. #7
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    345

    Quote Originally Posted by coolsbrah View Post
    I kinda agree with you on this one, its been bugging me a while actually ever since I joined the forum, he always gives very broad answers or no useful answer at all..., sometimes I dont even know what he means. this forum is missing a actual admin that gives people concrete answers and helpful suggestions, im pretty sure their forum for ASIA users is much more elaborated than this one which is a shame. The guy tells me to just better upgrade but none of my questions are actually answered and im pretty sure he knows the answer of a lot of the things, its either too hard for him to explain in proper english or he doesnt want to do it.

    If thats the case, ASUS should find more people than can get their point across in english better...

    It should be noted that my purpose was not to be offensive or toxic, but some things must be pointed out.
    well he does that in every thread, give a useless and vague answer that has nothing to do with the users' request.

    in this case, you asked for the ISO because you want to do a clean install which gives you much much better performance, no bugs, and less wasted space

    you asked for the ISO, but he just said "better to upgrade" really? according to who? it's NOT better to upgrade!

    I made an official complaint about him to ASUS
    Last edited by Nehmia; 10-23-2013 at 09:29 AM.

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array DeltaActual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Reputation
    34
    Posts
    357

    You know, i understand that Pitcher is trying to help in a way, but........ It feels like we are dealing with some small laptop boutique here, which makes a great product, but only starts to grow... And it's located in China... And they don't have English support yet... But then you realize - it is Asus! With very aggressive pricing and marketing! Yet, they can't assign a native English speaker as an admin to their forums......
    GL704GW

  9. #9
    ASUS Reseller Array Shawnnepc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    128
    Posts
    886

    The hostility towards Pitcher is really quite unwarranted.

    It's obvious that English is not his first language and he's just trying to help so I'd cut him some slack.

    There's also numerous active ASUS employees on this forum who are constantly helping other customers. They may have not reached your question yet, or there is no valid answer to your question.

    ***

    Back to the main topic...

    With the launch of Windows 8, Microsoft has significantly cracked down on the spread of Windows software downloads. There's severe penalties for distributing Windows OS software outside of the terms set by Microsoft (Which I agree is REALLY lame)

    However!

    Since 8.1 is fairly new the OEM DVDs have just started shipping so it's likely there might be some unofficial links to the ISO somewhere..

    You could also grab the Windows 8 ISO (which is fairly easy to find) and fresh install with that, upgrade to Windows 8.1 and then use imaging software to burn a vanilla system image. That way if you ever needed to do a reinstall you'd have 8.1 disks.
    USA ASUS Reseller
    http://www.neteffectspc.com

  10. #10
    untouched Array Praz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    137
    Posts
    4,038

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnnepc View Post
    The hostility towards Pitcher is really quite unwarranted.

    It's obvious that English is not his first language and he's just trying to help so I'd cut him some slack.
    Shawnn, thanks for the post. To others posting in this thread there are few rules here at the forum. But courtesy and respect toward others is not only expected but required. Any future posts along the lines of the posts above will result in some time away from the forum to reflect on how civilized individuals respond to each other. Also, there is no need to respond to this post as that will likely also result in some off time from the forum. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •