cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g750 jh vs msi gt70

gulshan16rao
Level 7
Hi
In comparison ASUS G750JH vs MSI GT70 20D-039US ,I just want to know which gaming laptop is better in all ways.
I need your suggestion and voting write your thoughts immediately as soon as possible.

........................................................waiting:)
23 REPLIES 23

DeltaActual
Level 12

villiansv
Level 11
They both have the same CPU and GPU, so theoretically gaming performance will be the same. That leaves perks like SSDs, RAM (more than 8GB is useless for gaming nowadays), keyboard quality, screen quality, heat/noise emissions (asus will be the clear winner here) - make your decision based on these. To make an informed decision, check out multiple reviews of both (google), and notebookreview forums for both asus and msi, to get a feel for the major complaints people have with each model.

In my personal opinion, the Asus is superior due to its very good cooling system. IIRC the MSI is using a single fan solution, which is barely enough for the hot 780M and haswell cpu running full throttle. Most MSI reviews I looked at when deciding what to buy complained that it was running very hot and was throttling on occasion. There's nothing worse than buying a beast of a laptop and having it constantly underperform due to inability to properly cool down its components (not to mention getting uncomfortably hot if used on your lap).

Tundra
Level 7
Coming to an Asus forum, you're obviously going to get pro-asus replies. From my experience, most of the poor cooling is due to MSI's bad pasting Jobs. A repaste will be in order if you do get a GT70. There is no doubt that the G750 has a better cooling solution (the best right now) and not only that, it is also quieter (minimum: 36db compared to 41db on load). The GT70 has a pretty big fan but it is a single solution. Playing FFXIV my GT70 (780m) sits at 75~80c for my GPU on max settings without turbo boosting the fan.

The sound system is much better in the MSI. There is no headphone amp hiss and the speakers are better. The stock screen also does not experiencecolored horizontal lines or any flickering of the sort. The MSI is also upgradable where as the CPU is solder on in the Asus and the GPU is custom. Maintenance on the MSI is also much easier compared to the Asus (cleaning the fans and repasting the CPU/GPU).

Aesthetics of the G750 are much better in my opinion. The system looks alot sleeker. The cooling, like i said before, is the best on the market right now and they can't be beat. Noise wise, they are the quietest with the MSI coming in second despite being a single fan model. The Asus also doesn't use optimus so adaptive V-sync and lcd panel overclocking is possible. The Asus also comes with a higher wattage power brick.

If you don't plan on upgrading and you want good cooling, Asus is the way to go.

If you don't mind having to stick something into the vents to clean it out every time, then the G750 is good. If you want easy access to everything else I'd say the MSI is a lot better in that respect.

ColonelS
Level 9
ASUS ASUS ASUS!

Ha.. sorry ok well, ummm i better keep quiet here
Click ->Republic of Gamers<- official Facebook page

jsarver
Level 11
Lost of reports of the msi overheating and throttling the gpu. A one fan design is very poor for high end hardware. I had the same choice to make and I'm very happy I went asus

gulshan16rao
Level 7
well I also think Asus G750 is better than than Msi gt70 in cooling, nosie, ventilation two fans, and some body structure is good.
msi gt70 is better than asus in quality better screen, audio, upgrade ability and keypad.

I will give ***** stars to ASUS and ****stars to msi gt70

rizwan_wangde
Level 7
I was literally churned while choosing between AW 17, Asus G750JH and MSI GT70.
Reason for not choosing :
MSI GT70, despite their lucrative SSD config, is that the heating reported by many owners, and the noise of the fan. 😞
Alienware 17: SSD (raid 0) and BluRay option was getting tooo costly. I am not a fan of the 100s of LEDs, some might find that attractive, but I dont care about that really.

Why I bought ASUS G750JH-DB71:
1. Sexy Design and Amazing cooling
2. RAID 0 SSD
3. Other Config
4. Thunderbolt (future ready)
5. Extended Sleep feature (awesome)
6. Perfect Cost
ASUS ROG G750JH-DB71

CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Graphics: GeForce GTX 780M 4 GB GDDR5 RAM
Screen: 17.3' Full HD Matte Screen
Memory: 24GB DDR3L 1600 MHz. RAM 3x8
Storage: 128GB * 2 SSD in RAID 0, 1TB HDD @ 5400rpm

Hey buddy you are right Asus G750 JH is the right option who are genius in purchasing gaming laptop.
..........................................thnx for your reply