Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Question @ASUS, Xonar ROG Phoebus driver?

To whom it may concern at ASUS

I asked this question about 4 to 5 months ago. Is their a new driver coming? The answer back then was yes but we are now talking about almost a half a year later and still no driver. There are many issues that are not resolved under Windows 8.0 and I have not upgraded to Windows 8.1 out of fear it will make things worse.

Please, I would like to get some sort of ETA as I feel that it is getting to the point of no return on this equipment. I fear that I may have to ebay the item and buy a different card just so I can go to the new Windows OS. I really do not want to do that as I love ASUS. Most of the parts in my desktop are from ASUS and my laptop is an ASUS gaming laptop as well.

Please give me some idea so I can decide how to proceed.

Sincerely
    Lothos

ROG Enthusiast Array Tellus PC Specs
    Tellus PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Sabertooth P67 revB
    Processori7 2600K @4,8GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair 2x8GB 2133MHz
    Graphics Card #1MSI GamingX GTX 1080
    Sound CardASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorAcer Z35
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB
    Storage #2Crucial MX300 1050GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua D14
    CaseFractal Design ARC
    Power SupplyZalman 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Steel Series Rival 500
    Headset Sennheiser PC360 GAME
    Mouse Pad Qpad
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z5500
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS DSL-N66U

I to am waiting on a new driver and i hope that it will come, sadly the response thus far is a bit lacking, yes i am being kind here in hopes that someone at ASUS takes pitty because any normal reaction seems to be far gone at this point so i'll settle for that if it can get us anywhere...

Best regards
    Annoyed customer
    | Sabertooth p67 rev b | i7 2600k @4,8GHz | 2x8GB 2133MHz Corsair | MSI GamingX GTX 1080@2125MHz | 256GB Samsung 840Pro | MX300 1TB | 2x 120GB Intel 510 | Xonar Phoebus | Zalman ZM-850HP | Logitech G810 & SS Rival 500 | Acer Z35 |

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

There's that Raja guy around here who works for asus, but he's not much help since he's not directly responsible of anything hardware or software related, i trust him when he says he speaks to the dev team however (whether they listen to him or not, probabaly not). But then he keeps on insisting that we contact our local asus support concerning problems as if there was a magical barrier preventing him from helping people from other countries, nothing helps the problem solving more than a decentralised data gathering....
    Last edited by Glasofruix; 10-24-2013 at 12:22 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
    There's that Raja guy around here who works for asus, but he's not much help since he's not directly responsible of anything hardware or software related, i trust him when he says he speaks to the dev team however (whether they listen to him or not, probabaly not). But then he keeps on insisting that we contact our local asus support concerning problems as if there was a magical barrier preventing him from helping people from other countries, nothing helps the problem solving more than a decentralised data gathering....
    Well I live in the USA and I believe he represents that region. Hopefully he will find sometime to atleast give me a generic answer.

ROG Enthusiast Array

®aja says soon™.

for about 6 months now

ROG Enthusiast Array

Battlefield 3 with Phoebus @ release = no go. The same again now with battlefield 4 and phoebus @ releaseday!
    Mainboard:ASUS +6H
    GPU: GTX 1080 Auros Gigabyte
    CPU: R5 1600X stock
    PSU: Be quiet straight power 10 500W
    RAM: Trident Z DDR4 3600 @3,2 Ghz CL16

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
    Local support can help you if your Phoebus has hardware malfunction.
    But they can`t help you with buggy software.
    Because they don`t produse any drivers and they dont have any clue about it.
    As for RAJA, he knows more than he tells us,that`s for sure.
    He`s in touch with developers and he tests soft by himself.
    He don`t want to answer on inconvenient questions, he never did.
    His job is to promote Phoebus by this forum, so don`t expect to get any help here.
    It would me much easy to him if any dissapointed users went away from this forum.
    As for "support is for USA only"- it`s discrimination,customers is equal in their rights all over the world.
    We spent our money on this product and we demand proper product\service.

Hopefully Asus gets everyone a driver out soon and fixes all the issues. I can't really say anything else. I have been warned to not express my opinions or how I feel about the matter now. Don't want my post to be removed or banned. Good luck Everyone and hope you issues gets fixed.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lothos View Post
    Well I live in the USA and I believe he represents that region. Hopefully he will find sometime to atleast give me a generic answer.
    I do not have an ETA because the driver will only be released if it passes HQ's validation. I will not provide ETAs here, as the last time the date slipped and here we are some 6 months later without the driver I was told was coming. Since then I have been called a liar and now even someone who discriminates. So I am not the person to ask for ETAs on the drivers. What I can tell you is, the beta driver I have here has worked well for me on my system with the tests I run - mainly BF4 at this point.

-Raja

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast