cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@ASUS, Xonar ROG Phoebus driver?

Lothos
Level 7
To whom it may concern at ASUS

I asked this question about 4 to 5 months ago. Is their a new driver coming? The answer back then was yes but we are now talking about almost a half a year later and still no driver. There are many issues that are not resolved under Windows 8.0 and I have not upgraded to Windows 8.1 out of fear it will make things worse.

Please, I would like to get some sort of ETA as I feel that it is getting to the point of no return on this equipment. I fear that I may have to ebay the item and buy a different card just so I can go to the new Windows OS. I really do not want to do that as I love ASUS. Most of the parts in my desktop are from ASUS and my laptop is an ASUS gaming laptop as well.

Please give me some idea so I can decide how to proceed.

Sincerely
Lothos
34 REPLIES 34

Tellus
Level 7
I to am waiting on a new driver and i hope that it will come, sadly the response thus far is a bit lacking, yes i am being kind here in hopes that someone at ASUS takes pitty because any normal reaction seems to be far gone at this point so i'll settle for that if it can get us anywhere...

Best regards
Annoyed customer
| Sabertooth p67 rev b | i7 2600k @4,8GHz | 2x8GB 2133MHz Corsair | MSI GamingX GTX 1080@2125MHz | 256GB Samsung 840Pro | MX300 1TB | 2x 120GB Intel 510 | Xonar Phoebus | Zalman ZM-850HP | Logitech G810 & SS Rival 500 | Acer Z35 |

Glasofruix
Level 8
There's that Raja guy around here who works for asus, but he's not much help since he's not directly responsible of anything hardware or software related, i trust him when he says he speaks to the dev team however (whether they listen to him or not, probabaly not). But then he keeps on insisting that we contact our local asus support concerning problems as if there was a magical barrier preventing him from helping people from other countries, nothing helps the problem solving more than a decentralised data gathering....

Glasofruix wrote:
There's that Raja guy around here who works for asus, but he's not much help since he's not directly responsible of anything hardware or software related, i trust him when he says he speaks to the dev team however (whether they listen to him or not, probabaly not). But then he keeps on insisting that we contact our local asus support concerning problems as if there was a magical barrier preventing him from helping people from other countries, nothing helps the problem solving more than a decentralised data gathering....

Well I live in the USA and I believe he represents that region. Hopefully he will find sometime to atleast give me a generic answer.

Lothos wrote:
Well I live in the USA and I believe he represents that region. Hopefully he will find sometime to atleast give me a generic answer.

I do not have an ETA because the driver will only be released if it passes HQ's validation. I will not provide ETAs here, as the last time the date slipped and here we are some 6 months later without the driver I was told was coming. Since then I have been called a liar and now even someone who discriminates. So I am not the person to ask for ETAs on the drivers. What I can tell you is, the beta driver I have here has worked well for me on my system with the tests I run - mainly BF4 at this point.

-Raja

Raja@ASUS wrote:
... Since then I have been called a liar and now even someone who discriminates. ...

This is how forums are these days. Don't take it personal. People are just like that.

I am also VERY disappointed by the current state of the drivers, but shouting and yelling won't help anyone.

About the regions ... sadly no representative of any other region than the US is present on the Asus forums.

Neumi wrote:

About the regions ... sadly no representative of any other region than the US is present on the Asus forums.

Thanks for the reply.

Re the support situation: That's why customers need to direct their support queries at the correct portals for their regions. The other regions do not offer any form of forum support by choice. It might not be the best idea, but that does not mean I am going to do their work instead. If people want to come here and air their views that is fine. Bringing me into the equation is not.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
I do not have an ETA because the driver will only be released if it passes HQ's validation. I will not provide ETAs here, as the last time the date slipped and here we are some 6 months later without the driver I was told was coming. Since then I have been called a liar and now even someone who discriminates. So I am not the person to ask for ETAs on the drivers. What I can tell you is, the beta driver I have here has worked well for me on my system with the tests I run - mainly BF4 at this point.

-Raja

I understand Raja, it is a daunting task when you are just delivering the message and people are shooting the messanger and for that I am sorry and I am sure others feel the same way. Is it possible to perhaps tell us what is the holdup that is making it take so long? I would assume it is things like trying to get them WHQL certified etc... When I do support I tend to tell people what is the holdup rather than to give them ETAs on when they will see the final product. It just seems to get better reactions from people.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

FYI, if you need beta testers for the driver PM me on the forums and I can give it a go.

Sincerely
Lothos

Raja@ASUS wrote:

I'm pretty sure you are talking to me about that when you comment. I honestly have no issue with you on this forum. But when Asus mods threaten people to silence them because they can't support a product when they claim to do so is pretty sad. Not to mention removing thread post and or moderating what I post now.

Think of it this way, no one would have anything to complain about if Asus actually did what it claimed to do and what we paid for when we bought the sound card. Plus it is one excuse after another about why no drivers is coming out. It just seems like Asus released a product with zero support and or something they can't honestly support or can't make proper drivers. This isn't what we paid for, we suppose to have bought a working product. Which since windows 8 Asus hasn't done. Just try to put your feet in our shoes as we spent the money on the item not you.

This is the last post about this none supported sound card. As nothing will help the matters here and it seems "ROG" forum wants to make it a biased forum now. If you have a problem with a item or don't agree, you either get a threatening pm and or a ban now. So I'm done wasting time on this. just sad to be let down by Asus like this. Again a lot if not most of this would have never happened if the product actually had support.

@ Lothos, We all been beta testing since the first release of the Windows 8 beta drivers came out. No need to sign up as that is what you been doing the whole time now.

Thanks

KILLER_K wrote:
I'm pretty sure you are talking to me about that when you comment. I honestly have no issue with you on this forum. But when Asus mods threaten people to silence them because they can't support a product when they claim to do so is pretty sad. Not to mention removing thread post and or moderating what I post now.

Think of it this way, no one would have anything to complain about if Asus actually did what it claimed to do and what we paid for when we bought the sound card. Plus it is one excuse after another about why no drivers is coming out. It just seems like Asus released a product with zero support and or something they can't honestly support or can't make proper drivers. This isn't what we paid for, we suppose to have bought a working product. Which since windows 8 Asus hasn't done. Just try to put your feet in our shoes as we spent the money on the item not you.

This is the last post about this none supported sound card. As nothing will help the matters here and it seems "ROG" forum wants to make it a biased forum now. If you have a problem with a item or don't agree, you either get a threatening pm and or a ban now. So I'm done wasting time on this. just sad to be let down by Asus like this. Again a lot if not most of this would have never happened if the product actually had support.

@ Lothos, We all been beta testing since the first release of the Windows 8 beta drivers came out. No need to sign up as that is what you been doing the whole time now.

Thanks

Your earlier post referencing the PM I sent you I chose to let slide. However, as you seem to want to continue this charade I feel I need to reply publicly even though my intent with the PM was out of courtesy to you and keep this private. In the PM I had stated that most everyone understands your feelings in regard to the support of this sound card. All I asked was that you give it a break and try posting in other users threads in a way that would be helpful to them instead of the same rant over and over again.

The comment Raja made about discriminating was originally posted by AVtemp. This is obvious to anyone reading this thread but here you are again trying to twist things around the same as you have done regarding my PM. This is my last communication to you in any form. Please be careful and use some thought when posting going forward or your comment above about "This is the last post about this" may come true. To everyone else in this thread I apologize for this off-topic post.