cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Crosshair V formula-z problem with FX9590 cpu

pierre99
Level 7
Hi,

I got a new ASUS crosshair V forumla-z motherboard with the FX 9590 oem cpu. The cpu is install on the motherboard with
coolmaster cpu fan. I am getting the FF error: Motherboard starts to power up and then power down immediately after 1 sec.
I updated the bios using the flash method but still the same. On the asus website this motherboard is said to be fully compatible with this cpu. However it only metions the
FD9590FHHKWOF which is the retail version of the cpu.

FD9590FHW8KHK is an OEM/tray microprocessor
FD9590FHHKWOF is a boxed processor without fan/heatsink
FD9590FHHKWOX is a boxed processor with a liquid cooling kit

I am using the first one (oem version). Also I've tried another same motherboard with again the same problem.Any suggestions?

P.S. I tried to remove everything but the cpu, but still the same error. I tried different brand of memory but still nothing. All
the searching leads to the conclusion of CPU error, but why?
55 REPLIES 55

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello the CPU does work and I too have the OEM version.

Could I ask you how you flashed your bios?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

using the usb flash method

pierre99
Level 7
The only thing left is the 4 pin power connector; My power supply, CORSAIR 750W, only has 8 pin power connector and 4 PCI-e power connectors. However I tried the 12v power supply connector on the motherboard but still the same issue. Shall I try to find an adapter from pci-e power connector to 4 pin connector?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yes please do it is really recommended that you have both those EPS 12 v connectors fitted.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

pierre99
Level 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
What price range and where do you buy from, in other words what country are you?

pierre99
Level 7
Europe

HiVizMan
Level 40
http://www.corsair.com/en/ax860i-digital-atx-power-supply-860-watt-80-plus-platinum-certified-fully-...

That one does work well. Just look for any reasonable branded PSU with two EPS connectors.

Top brands are Seasonic but not sure what is available in EU right now.
The German company BeQuite make great PSU's
I use Ennermax and Antec for benching.