cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G60Jx, Windows 8 Pro, and Gaming

Bastan92
Level 7
Hi all,

I've recently upgraded to Windows 8 Pro because my university offers it free of charge. So far it's been running applications fine. The trouble starts when I try to run any game. The game plays fine for about 5 minutes and then huge amounts of lag and gittering follow. I've been browsing the internet for a few days trying to find solutions but have come up short. I've resorted to dual booting windows 7 Ultimate because that's what I was using before and everything was stable.

A few weeks back my motherboard died and I had to get it replaced. That's when I installed windows 8, so all the correct bios drivers and chipset drivers should be fine. I've updated my graphics card driver to the new 331.58 as well. I've made sure Hyper-V is off, since someone recommended trying that (it can disabled).

I've run out of ideas and am turning to you guys with some hope. If all else fails I'll go back to 7.

Current:
Asus G60jx
Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Nvidia 360M 331.58
Core i7 720QM
12gb DDR3 RAM

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Pitcher1
Level 9
asus just provide win 7 driver, so i think it is stable, but win 8 you need find driver from vander, i think it is not fit with laptop.