cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14" or 15" Haswell Laptop

Siamak8286
Level 7
Hey guys, I'm trying to purchase a 14 or 15 inch gaming laptop for school, gaming and general use and as an Asus fan I really really wanna go with G series notebooks but my question is does anyone have any idea if and when Asus will actually release a 14 or 15 ich version of their G series with Haswell chip and 700 series video card? pretty much every manufacturer already released theirs but Asus.
4 REPLIES 4

UnAimed
Level 9
Uhhh, Asus has released the G750 for a couple months now already

http://promos.asus.com/US/G750/

UnAimed wrote:
Uhhh, Asus has released the G750 for a couple months now already

http://promos.asus.com/US/G750/

please read my post, I said 14 or 15 inch, G750 is a 17 inch

Siamak8286 wrote:
please read my post, I said 14 or 15 inch, G750 is a 17 inch

They don't exist and so far nothing has been announced. Also you should consider posting in the G750 series section as this is for the older models.

TotalONE wrote:
I would go with 15 inch. Its only 1 inch bigger but its bigger if will defiantly give you a little more air flow to laptop as well. But really think about getting 17inch. I started owning laptops from asus ever since g50vt series were out and it was a mistake buying 15 inch, not I have g74 and g75 both 17 inch and its a pleasure to have them. Think about it, youll still have to buy case or a bag for your laptop for school might as well carry 17 instead of 15. Im talking from experience. Im sure the will make 15inch not 14.
But 15 is the way I would go.

I regret getting the 15 inch too. The G series some of the heaviest notebooks around with very little disparity between the 15 and 17 in weight so you might as well opt for 17 inch as it also offers better accessibility and the GPU is not soldered to the motherboard on the 17 inch version which I think is still the case with the G750. Plus the 15 inch is already the size of a 17 inch notebook because of the hump on the back.

TotalONE
Level 7
I would go with 15 inch. Its only 1 inch bigger but its bigger if will defiantly give you a little more air flow to laptop as well. But really think about getting 17inch. I started owning laptops from asus ever since g50vt series were out and it was a mistake buying 15 inch, not I have g74 and g75 both 17 inch and its a pleasure to have them. Think about it, youll still have to buy case or a bag for your laptop for school might as well carry 17 instead of 15. Im talking from experience. Im sure the will make 15inch not 14.
But 15 is the way I would go.