cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Psu review database

01_Wolverine
Level 12
Hi Guys the following link reviews most all power supplies,but give the oem manufacturer

ie XFX branded
power supplies is made by Seasonic. It is a very handy database

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page541.htm

Some people with Microsft Windows Explorer 10 and Win 8 will have trouble running correctly

Enjoy
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yip that is a very handy data base to have, it is in my fav folder for years now.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Zka17
Level 16
01 Wolverine wrote:
e XFX branded
power supplies is made by Seasonic. It is a very handy database

I would be a little bit more careful about that ^^^...

Is it really made by Seasonic or XFX used the Seasonic's idea and some of their parts? It's not the same... - are the same high grade parts built in, is the manufacturing in same high quality?

Zka17 wrote:
I would be a little bit more careful about that ^^^...

Is it really made by Seasonic or XFX used the Seasonic's idea and some of their parts? It's not the same... - are the same high grade parts built in, is the manufacturing in same high quality?

First of all i am not a Seasonic basher, for my future build i will only include a

Seasonic 1000w Platinum!!!

According to Johnny Guru XFX is Seasonics' customer and XFX only designs the outer shell.

Johnny Guru gives all XFX psus' tested 9.3-9.7 and are all approved.

One thing you an tell that is externally common between them

is the fugly wiring.New psu sleeved cable costs more than the psu

This last statement is from Gurus' website in the conclusion of the XFX 1000w Black edition

Performance (40% of the final score) - time to sew this one up and call it a teddy bear. This is going to be easy. Performance of this unit was, for the most part, exactly the same as I found with the actual Seasonic version of this platform. Voltage regulation is still beyond excellent, it's still efficient as heck, and it still makes me drool like nothing else. That said, I'm going to take the same half point off for ripple. I have seen better. However, unlike last time, I cannot tack that half point back on due to better than 0.5% regulation, because this unit did not do that well. It was better than 1% average, so it's still excellent, but in this case it's only as excellent as the best other units I've tested that could manage around 1%. Now, about the efficiency. Do I want to remove half a point more for missing Platinum? After mulling it over for a few days, no I do not. At low loads, this unit is a bit less efficient than the Seasonic. At high loads, it's a little more efficient. The difference comes down to a fraction of a percent, and as such is not enough of a problem in either cold or hot testing for me to be that hard on this unit. 9.5.

Functionality (20% of the final score) - the cabling and functionality of this unit is exactly the same as the Seasonic, so it gets the same score. And it's especially well deserved in this case, because XFX listened to me about the wasteful packaging last time. 10.

Value (20% of the final score) - ValleySeek is currently plugging this unit for $232.00. You know what I say to that? Go, go, go. Buy, buy, buy. 9.5.

Build Quality (20% of the final score) - last time I saw this platform, I only removed one point for soldering in general, because I had seen the likes of Delta do better. But this time, I found a few more issues. Half a point comes off for the broken component lead sticking to the PCB, and the robot's screwup of the standby chip placement. I maintain that these are isolated one in a thousand issues, so I cannot in good conscience deduct more than that. But will I ignore them just because building them requires expensive tools? No, I will not. It's a free Internet, last time I checked. Nobody's forcing anyone to agree with me, or vice versa. 8.5.

Performance

Functionality

Value

Build Quality

Total Score

Summary

Once again, XFX has shown a commitment to performance by taking a fantastic platform and making it their own. While I didn't quite see the same level of performance this time out as I did the Seasonic SS-1000XP, comparing the two is like comparing a Rolex with fifty diamonds around the face to a Rolex with only forty-nine. There's not much difference, and they're both right at the top of the pile right now. The rest of the industry is now playing catch-up. Right now, only Seasonic themselves can top this unit. And you're going to be paying more for their version.

The Good:

excellent regulation
very good ripple suppression
switchable semi-fanless mode
fully modular
much better packaged than past XFX units
The Bad:

had some random isolated build quality issues the factory didn't catch
The Mediocre:

can we stop with the "single 12V is better" nonsense now?

01 Wolverine wrote:
First of all i am not a Seasonic basher, for my future build i will only include a

Seasonic 1000w Platinum!!!

A Seasonic PSU is one of the best investments you can ever make for your system. Know that your high end system is being powered by the best PSU manufacturer on the planet. 😉

Chino wrote:
A Seasonic PSU is one of the best investments you can ever make for your system. Know that your high end system is being powered by the best PSU manufacturer on the planet. 😉

Yes especially i am going 2 way sli 780/780ti-Titians OR crossfire 290 x twice. Platinum 1000w@$217.00usd is cheap insurance with this much invested.

Other psu's are still $190 usd or so and what is another $30 usd???

01 Wolverine wrote:
Yes especially i am going 2 way sli 780/780ti-Titians OR crossfire 290 x twice. Platinum 1000w@$217.00usd is cheap insurance with this much invested.

Other psu's are still $190 usd or so and what is another $30 usd???

Well, in a price fight, Seasonic will probably lose. But if it's about quality and performance, there is just no comparison. In those categories, Seasonic is second to none. 😉

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey 01 Wolverine...if you are going for dual 290s or 780ti's maybe you might want to think about even an X1250....if you are going to OC them and a CPU they pull a lot of power.

Sounds like a nice build though! and thanks for the link!

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Hey 01 Wolverine...if you are going for dual 290s or 780ti's maybe you might want to think about even an X1250....if you are going to OC them and a CPU they pull a lot of power.

Sounds like a nice build though! and thanks for the link!

Well it is a good thing that haswells are notoriously bad at overclocking,i would be alright with a 4.5MHz

from what i been reading

h100i is probably far as i go for water so maybe that leaves 290x out. SS x 1250 gold @ $230 usd

but dayum electric meter will be spinning big time

4770k & M6F (for strength for the weight of the 2 way sli) or 4820k & R4BE (i dabble at photography)

Corsair 650d or 750d for window, If it will be ugly, then CM Storm Trooper no window. lol !!!

Want this to be my 1st and last build and get all the optimum parts together. $2600 usd plus peripherals.

Monitor 2560 x 1440p

Yea the psu link is handy alright