cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips to stabilize 1100T BE overclock?

jeremiah
Level 9
So i have been fiddling around trying to my oc as stable as possible. Its fine with moderate usage (web browser, etc..) and older games but if i Prime 95-blend test its will crash the system and cause a reboot or freeze system & require manual rebooting. Ive been kinda playing around with Cpu vcore and Cpu-nb volt. Temps get to be around 51-53c cpu temp & 41-43c core temp. Any tips on stabilizing? It is the overclocking month after all! 😉

PSU: Antec Platinum 1000watt
CPU: AMD FX-9590 currently, 1100T BE still around
CPU cooler: Swiftech H320
Mobo: Crosshair V formula-Z Bios 2101
Ram: Kingston hyper x beast 16gb [KHX18C10T3K2/16X]
VGA: 2x Gigabyte GTX 670 2gb WF3 oc
Case: Cooler master HAF-X
Keyboard: Logitech G710+
Mouse: Logitech G700s
Screen: Asus VG248QE
Hdd 1: SanDisk 240gb OS
Hdd 2: OCZ agility 3 60gb
Hdd 3: WD Black 1tb
Optical drive: Asus dvd\blue ray cheapy

12 REPLIES 12

jeremiah
Level 9
im having some issues uploading the 6 pics of my bios. it skipped and gave an error code (2038) for the middle 3. Google chrome browser

Gave up, here are all of them http://tinypic.com/a/2sjdg/3

think i found one possible issue, comp was "going to sleep" after 45 min or at least trying to

edit: ive got cpu vcore @ 1.45 & cpu-nb @ 1.3125 and she bsod after about 45 min, temps went to about 56c

HiVizMan
Level 40
Any reason why you have the PCI Frequency at 150? Just curious that is all.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Jeremiah .. Welcome to ROG.

Looks like you are having a blast playing with all the settings found in the V-z version
of the CrossHair Formula.
A few of them puzzle me and I certainly mean no disrespect, but I too have ROG'd the 1100T
since it first showed it's lovely face first on a IV Extreme and currently on my beloved V non-z.
I would like to humbly make a few suggestions:

First thing I would do is read Raja's OverClocking the CrossHair V Thread and Mankz OverClock'n the Z Thread ..
the truth for the 1100T is somewhere in the middle.
If that were my board I would shut it down and push the bios reset found on the input panel [square lite greenish refresh button] to reset everything back to default.
Upon reboot hit the del button to enter bios and set up your sata controller etc.
Your memory is 1866 so I would set the CPU Bus Frequency to 233/234 -- you will see that it will set the
memory to 1862/1872.
The multiplier on 16/17 in the 4ghz range is a good start ..
Not to much else needs to be 'adjusted' .. if you receive no bsod you can tweak the NB and HT Link to
fine tune the memory a little at a time .. imho

Then I would .. I can only tell you what I would do .. not what to do.
but I would download ROG RealBench unzip it in a folder on your desktop and give it run to see how you did.

Be patient with the tweaking .. it is a learning process. HiViz above is a Pro OverClocker and he would be the
first to tell you I am sure that he looks forward to learning something new everyday. Tips, Tricks and Tweaks.
With AMD's, no two cpu's are alike and as we all have learned each has its own unique limitations and quarks.

I can also say that 'most' bsod are usually related in some way to the memory.

Please, Keep us Posted. Best of Luck.c.

jeremiah
Level 9
First off Thanks for input! it is very much appreciated!

Hivman: The reason i had it set it there was because of a tutorial video i watched ages ago and i just went along with it. Sorry no real techy answer

Chrsplmr: I will certainly try out what you have suggested. I have 2 questions tho. 1. is it true a high cpu-nb can be more beneficial then then a higher cpu oc? 2. Ive gotten mixed info from the guides i have read like dolks guide, el gappo and many other places ive been reading about putting HT even with cpu-nb or keeping it around 2000. What do you or anyone else think?

HiVizMan
Level 40
No worries my friend. I was just curious it is such a strange number that is all.

As to your question Core Frequency is the most important for performance, the NB or the HT are no were near as important from a performance perspective. Core speed rules.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Exactly as I have found as well .. the later being more about 'fine tuning'.c.

jeremiah
Level 9
When stress testing do you guys go of of core temp or cpu temp? Cpu temp being roughly 10c hotter?

HiVizMan
Level 40
With AMD it is a of little concern. Your TDP is 63'C you go above that your system shuts down to protect the CPU.

Rule of thumb is keep things below 60'C if you can.

jeremiah
Level 9
And this seems to bee where she will stay.... maybe. IM gonna give it a week or two before i say its rock solid. While playing around i noticed my chip doesnt like high bandwith memeory settings so for now it will stay @15xx mhz. If this proves to be stable ill go to 18xxmhz. I cant blame it, this chip is only rated at 1333 mhz28914