Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumour/ Leaked NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3DMark score exposed

01_Wolverine
Level 12
11 REPLIES 11

Chino wrote:
Looks promising.

I really hope Nvidia will have at least 4gb vram in this 780 ti card!!

abvolt
Level 11
Why is a card that hasn't been released yet benching with an older version of 3d mark ??
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
This is a spoiler pure and simple....designed to make people ready to jump on the new R9 290X think twice and wait to see what Nvidia come up with. Both sides play the exact same game...cherry picking games and drivers and benchmarks to make their cards look better and the "review sites" just churn out the results they're told to.

The R9 290X is kind of touted as a titan killer although most of the comparisons are against 780 for some reason and then on cherry picked games etc....all this despite the fact the pricing should tell you exactly what you want to know about performance.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
This is a spoiler pure and simple....designed to make people ready to jump on the new R9 290X think twice and wait to see what Nvidia come up with. Both sides play the exact same game...cherry picking games and drivers and benchmarks to make their cards look better and the "review sites" just churn out the results they're told to.

The R9 290X is kind of touted as a titan killer although most of the comparisons are against 780 for some reason and then on cherry picked games etc....all this despite the fact the pricing should tell you exactly what you want to know about performance.

Thanks dude the makes good sense, I'm waiting for the gtx 890 if or when .
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

HiVizMan
Level 40
Well the 290X is the Titan killer that nVid were worried about that much is true. Darn this card is good just out the box.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Does it kill the Titan HiViz? I mean it should it's next gen but from what I've seen so far it's trading blows and to get there it is clocked high and hot...I can't imagine it's going to OC much on air.....I can see AMD fireworks this November 5th if anyone tries....:p

There is some speculation from fudZilla

Geforce GTX 780 Ti to end up faster than Titan
Written by Fuad Abazovic

We have heard from multiple independent sources that the upcoming Geforce GTX 780 Ti will end up faster than the Titan, and obviously significantly faster than original Geforce GTX 780 card.

The Radeon R9 290X is giving Nvidia’s Titan a run for its money, at least in its noisy Über mode, but apparently 780 Ti can put some distance between these cards. Since the GTX 780 currently sells for $649 in most US etail stores and in Europe it costs just over €500, we can only assume that GTX 780 TI performance will come at a high price, but with a Titan like cooler that we saw showcased at Nvidia’s Montreal The way it's meant to be played, the card could end up really quiet.

Let's not forget UK etail where GTX 780 sells for average £499.99 with VAT.

We are not sure if GTX 780 Ti beats the Titan in all benchmarks, but it will definitely be faster in most of them. It remains to be seen what happens to the Titan, currently priced at $999, as the GTX 780 Ti launch will render this pricey card obsolete and uncompetitive.

One can only assume that there might be a Titan price drop happening after the 780 TI launch. The other possibility is that the Titan will be discontinued, if the Ti ends up significantly cheaper to produce.

In the US Titan cards sell for $999 and up, in the German market you can buy a Titan for €800 and in the UK it’s £779.99 on sale, or £800+ on an average day. These cards make sense for people with 2560x1600 or higher resolution monitors and all settings cranked up to max.

Melkor
Level 7
Hmm I'm more interested in max oc margin and total TDP than 3dmark scores - I get X5449 in 3dmark11/5220 Fire extreme with single Titan overclock on air and it's absolutely enough for any game with single monitor, so it would be best just to make Titan cheaper than make new card ;-o