cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Formula WIFI 802.11ac stops working after a little while

SirLion
Level 7
Hi,

For the second time, the 802.11ac mPCI combo stops working after a little while. First time I experienced it was a couple of days after having fresh windows 7 ultimate installed. Messed around quite a bit and couldn't find a solution. I thought it was related to windows update so I tried to restore to a previous checkpoint to finally find out that it corrupted my computer and it wouldn't boot.

Now it is the second time it happens. Same thing, installed clean windows 7, got everything to work. Made sure to backup everytime I was to apply a windows update in case it was related to that. My 802.11ac still connects and everything was fine until I go to sleep to find out that again something went wrong while I was not in front of the computer. Tried uninstalling the drivers, reinstalling but no result. Now I'm stuck with wires crossing the house and my girlfriend complaining about it. Is this card really working for some people ? All I see is people complaining that it doesn't work. Is there a fix to it ?

Thanks !
13 REPLIES 13

Owhora
Level 7
It happens to me all time.

I wonder if there is a fix for that.

How do you fix it temporarily ? I tried enabling/disabling the adapter, reinstalling the drivers but no success.

Owhora
Level 7
No one seems to know how to fix this problem. I guess I will return mine.

I am having a similar issue with the wifi, i was using windows 8.1 then decided to go back to windows 7 as windows 8 is totally backwards for a desktop, on doing so and installing drivers for windows 7 my wifi adaptor will not work what so ever so i then reinstalled windows 8 and it work straight away with the same drivers, I really don't know what why this is happening :mad:

bleddyn wrote:
I am having a similar issue with the wifi, i was using windows 8.1 then decided to go back to windows 7 as windows 8 is totally backwards for a desktop, on doing so and installing drivers for windows 7 my wifi adaptor will not work what so ever so i then reinstalled windows 8 and it work straight away with the same drivers, I really don't know what why this is happening :mad:

That's why I returned it. Refund fully.

Raja
Level 13
It's probably worth typing out a complete parts and config list to get anyone to look into this issue. Filling out this template would be a good idea I think: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?37841-Support-Template-fill-this-out-when-reporting-a-bug-o...

bleddyn
Level 7
UEFI Version:

CPU:4470k

GPU:Evga Gtx 660ti

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives:Samsung pro 840 128gb, samsung dvd burner

PSU:AX1200i

CPU Cooler:H100i

PC CASE:Nzxt switch

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no?Yes windows 8.1

System Overclocked (provide details)? 4.3 at 1.25 volts

Issue
I am having a similar issue with the wifi, i was using windows 8.1 then decided to go back to windows 7 as windows 8 is totally backwards for a desktop, on doing so and installing drivers for windows 7 my wifi adaptor will not work what so ever so i then reinstalled windows 8 and it work straight away with the same drivers, I really don't know what why this is happening

Interestingly, I was trying to hook up my cellphone to my computer through bluetooth and the wifi magically came back !! When I saw that, I stopped trying to do anything with bluetooth to avoid issues. My feeling is that the driver or the chip does not handle well the two technologies.

Hope this helps.

try updating the Broadcom 802.11ac drivers. My connection was constantly dropping. A driver update helped.