cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX Very slow HDD

Waynekk
Level 7
I have very slow HDD after update Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. Is it OK? Where is problem? Please help. On webpage asus is not driver for win8.1
4 REPLIES 4

rewben
Level 13
hi, have you tried to do a clean install instead of upgrading? that might help you to solve the slow hdd issue.

as for the webpage, can you use the driver from w8? i guess they should be able to work with w8. if they don't, i guess you should look for drivers from the original part manufacturers. maybe you should list out the drivers that don't work for you, so that others can figure out where to get it. another option is to look for drivers from other models. sometimes, those drivers will work for your laptop too.

Zygomorphic
Level 17
Hello, @Waynekk, welcome to the ASUS forums! 🙂 There should be no driver for your HDD, since it should be already supported. Are you certain that the slowdown came after the upgrade to Windows 8.1? Also, is it boot that is slow, or everything? I would recommend a running the defrag tool once to see if that helps.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Waynekk
Level 7
This is google translate

I'm sorry, my English is not good. My problem is definitely after upgrade to Windows 8.1. On Windows 8, everything was fine, absolutly.

Where can I find drivers for HDD? On the webpages ASUS are not for Windows 8.1. There is only for Bluetooth and for Wifi.

I have not install disc because from the Microsoft website do not download because verify the serial number is failed.

I would suggest you install the latest Intel chipset drivers, latest IRST divers and Intel management engine, you can use the latest ones on the Asus web site for your NB or get from Intel.
Really it its best to clean install win8.1
I think if you goggle how to clean install windows 8.1 you might find a solution for a clean install. regardless the above three Intel drivers sets will need to be installed, and reinstalling them now may solve your problem.
Chipset drivers will have to be installed using and elevated command line. use the switches -overall -override, They won't install any other way, except on a clean install. On a clean install the setup.exe will install the drivers from windows.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro