Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

EPIC!!!! that's about the best I can come up with

New ROGer Array

Shut up and take my money

New ROGer Array

One word, AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by onevoicewild View Post

Hey Metallica has to have an office some where? I never imagined it being this clean, but maybe the groupies needed something to do between shows.

This is a night shot to test lighting.
    oh yeah & I love the office.

ROG Enthusiast Array

hey guys that's good enough for me! I appreciate the encouragement. Working on the wiring today. I might actually get to turn this think on this weekend? we'll see.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I did a little Mod for the SSD that Corsair provided.

Thank You EKWB - EK Is just an incredible company, giving support to builders in our community. I am honored that EK provided their High end products to help The Metallica Build.

When I opened the care package there were two 480 radiators that were brand new models. These we perfect for what I needed. These radiators are on the thinner side. Most people are using the fattest radiators that they can attempt to squeeze in any given case. Most of the time it is overkill and in some cases there just isn't enough room. In my case, even though the Corsair 900D is a huge case I want piping running in the exact spots they need to be to look right.

EK PE line Radiators

You could do a real light show, the way the light goes through these Rad's

Having a blast Putting all these awesome parts together, You know the feeling! we wait for days like this. I wanted the water connections to go in the front of the case for better concealment. I soon found out why people don't do that! There is stuff in the way. Nothing a little dremel work couldn't take care of.

I had bought a cute little dress up kit for the D5 pump, but it turns out that those don't work with the EK pump top. This pump top is much nicer anyway, so there you go.

The EK supremacy all Copper water block is a perfect match for this build. I am trying something with the black Acrylic hard piping, with cut brass rings on the outside. The rings are not set in place yet in these pictures, I'll get to that in time.

I direct mounted the reservoir on stilts to the mid plate. I think it gives a nice clean look.

A friend of mine, did a Reservoir mod with Copper inside, so I had to have something too. Keeping up with the Jones's you know!

ROG Enthusiast Array

As you can see I love to hand craft Copper pieces. It is cheap to do dollar wise, but can be costly on the pain and suffering side. Ohh well I was always a little stubborn.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I wanted to do a mod On the Corsair Dominator Platinum.. I don't have a drill press right now so I had to make a Jig to drill the 40 Holes I needed for my plan. I love the excitement for cutting up expensive parts. At least Corsair makes some form of replacement if I mess these up!

I polished the 40 little tubes inside and out, using a Q tip and my drill.

When I did this, I thought maybe I'd gone a little to far but the reaction has been positive on the Ram mod. This will never be one of those builds that people say, that's so clean. This is Metallica - hair on fire at 200 miles an hour and it is meant to be on the edge. I respect that everyone has different tastes and I like all kinds of different build styles.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I made a shroud to trim up the side of the radiator and give me a place to hide some of the lighting. I would like to avoid any direct line of site with the lights. On some of these pictures the shroud is a little lower than the final product. I made a 45 degree plate on the inside to mount LED's so they will angle back onto all the hardware. It's hard to get a good angle without doing this because of how far the top Rad and fans come down in the case.

I had another bit of luck here. I started out polishing up the back side of the Anodized aluminum Plate to get more light reflection. Well It started looking interesting, so the back became the front. I liked that it gave me a different look, because I already have a lot of the black weathered plate.

I think the lighting worked out fairly well. I was able to set up a dual zone lighting system using two Hue light controllers. I had to steal one out of my 800D, that has so much lighting that I hardly noticed it was missing. We never designed this case to be a lighting show piece. Note! that the pictures are only to test the lighting and the final settings will be more subdued than these images. I think? ha ha ha The first pictures are with the back zone only.

I fired up the fans just to check them out. Pretty cool looking if I do say so myself. These would definitely trim your fingernails if you stuck them in there.

A few parting shots, until I get a little more of this completed. Thanks for checking out our build.

I'll straighten out the O rings later. You always notice these little things after your done taking pictures, oh well The bubbles cleared out of the fluid after I put in the Mayhems biocide.

I spend about three days wiring this up. I'm going more toward the old school concealment with the wiring. I will fire this up on one GPU tomorrow to make sure I don't have any hardware issues.

If you think I'm deserving I could really use your vote after November the 12th in the Asus rush for Gold case Mod contest.
    http://www.asus.com/microsite/2013/M...tion/home.aspx

There are some other Awesome builds there. One called Gold digger is an Asus sponsored build. Another build called Prestige is very cool looking from another pro builder. I was lucky enough to get some sponsorship but I am just an average working man and I don't have the big money like these pro builders. I could really use your vote! thanks.

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

I am definitely in love with this build! the cover you made for the Neutron GTX 240 is way OTT and I freaking love it!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks Mate - These things are a work of love. I have it up and running now on a single card. Save a little more money and I can call this done. Then It's time to play some games.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast