Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks a lot guys. I put the final touches on the build today and I'll update this log once we find out the outcome of the voting. I appreciate your votes and fine eye for the work that was done on this build. I think that a lot of people don't get it, but we all have different tastes and I appreciate that. The trend lately is really clean minimal designs. I'm not sure if I can do that? I have a little bit of a tacky side He he he . This build is pretty tame compared to a lot of things that have been done. Thanks guys!

ROG Enthusiast Array

The Metallica tribute build Complete

Update on the Asus rush for Gold case Mod contest

We finished up in third place woot - in the end the judging was very fair! I got a little to excited when they announced the contest and entered right away and the case wasn't complete yet. I should have waited three more weeks and I could have placed better pictures. It may not have made any difference because the builds that finished ahead of me were Class work and I have no problem finishing behind work like that. Thanks Asus for providing a forum to show off the new Gold Boards!

The great Prize Asus provided for the third place finish is an Asus GTX 770 CU These are beautiful GPU's

I have a little devil on my left shoulder telling me to keep the card, but the little Angel on my right shoulder is telling me to do the right thing. I'm offering the card to Sam the Brit who did the design and the rendering for this build. Sam really got the whole thing started by offering to do free rendering for practice on solidworks program. As you have seen his rendering is so good that it helped us get sponsors. I really do want this card. Damn conscience. lol

I've made arrangements for a better camera to get final/final pictures. Until then I'll show pic's of the completed build.

I've always loved this picture. Sam's rendering on the monitor was done months before I got the case to this point.
    To be able to come that close to his incredible design made me feel great!

This is where it all began.

My eternal thanks go out to Sam for his design and incredible renderings, Bill Owen with MnpcTech for mentoring me, Corsair George for taking a chance on me, Eddie and Peter with EKWB for their excellent water cooling system, Ronaldo Buassali channel manager for Corsair Brasil for all your support and Michael Wood for your great water cooling fluids and advice. And finally All the modders here at Asus forums for your enthusiasm for our project.

ROG Member Array

I could look at this build over and over again , Totally awesome
    Formula Z, 8320@stock, 16 Gig Ram @1600,Phanteks cpu cooler, MSI 760 4Gig OC Edition, 2 x2TB HDDs , 1 xSamsung 830 128 Gb (OS) +1 x840 250Gb SSD ( Games), ASUS Xonar DGX, XFX 850 PSU, Corsair 540 Air Case.

ROG Enthusiast Array

CPU Magazine Cover

I had one more bit of good fortune to close out the Metallica Tribute. We won Mad reader Mod of the month for CPU magazine. Got the cover and a 4 page article. I was totally blown away by this. The cover of CPU is where my hero's live and not somebody like me! It's really strange seeing your own Rig on the cover of a Mag! Once in a lifetime experience. I had to do some serious digging to get enough copies to send to all my relatives ha ha normal people will never understand our obsession, but at least now they don't think I'm totally crazy? lol

Sam kicked out one final rendering. Thanks everyone!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Keyshot Metallica Office.2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	379.3 KB 
ID:	34581

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array graphic's Avatar

just beautiful ......
    not sure what other words to use.....
    a big congrats onevoicewild , the detail is unbelievable

respect .....

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks Graphic. Just having fun!

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array abvolt's Avatar

The best looking build I've seen no doubt very fine work..
    Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
    NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
    Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

New ROGer Array

Nice

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks everyone I really appreciate your kind words. I am amazed by all the people that frequent this great forum. I hadn't checked up on this log in a bit and was amazed that the Metallica tribute had almost 90,000 views. That is my best to date out of about 10 work logs I have posted and I thank you all.

I was a bit jealous seeing all the great builds in the Cool master building contest. Some incredible work there and they have really started something by having a yearly contest. This brings in some incredible builds to compete. Well Corsair is finally getting in the game by doing a multi level contest that allows more people a chance to win. They have divisions for standard builds, watercooling, overclocking and Open unlimited builds. I really like this because not everyone does heavy modding, but they might build a beautifully clean and color coordinated standard build. All you have to do to play is have three Corsair products in the build. Check it out Mates! http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=127427

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=244

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quake Con 2014 - I took Unforgiven to the show and meet some online friends in person and made some business connections. Had a great time and got to see a lot of very cool rigs. Here is an interview that game Front did, my part starts about 4:30 but there are a lot of cool builds to see.

http://youtu.be/j_fjDYByZ7o

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast