cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drives attached to Gene Z SATA ports when click takes a while for the drive to open u

pectin232
Level 7
Is there a problem with the drives.. they are all brand new and are SATA 6 -- connected to sata 6, sata 3 are connected to the gray sata slots... but all the drives seems to be very slow to respond when clicked. Any ideas why? Power? they are 850 watt Corsair pro power supply. I do not think it is the power supply.
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Have you tried disabling indexing? I think that sometimes the indexing service gets a bit overzealous. Also do you have the activity light connected and is it active before you start using the drive (indicating that something else is using the drive)?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

pectin232
Level 7
I found out what happened. I love to save energy... if you do.. somehow it powers down the drive. Since drives are not so high now... I just left it to never power down anything.... in other words. I chose performance. That solved all slowdown problems...since PCs are now not so high as they are...