cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus R9 290X, where is it, no where to be found in the USA

Taint3dBulge
Level 9
Been waiting and waiting and waiting.. Contacted Newegg and no replies back from there facebook page.. No one seems to know on some forums.. So i thought I'd come here... I was really hoping to wait it out and get a 290x matrix or at the least a DCII top, but now im just saying heck with it and get a reference since none of the others will be out till the 1st of the year and the matrix like 6 months from now.. Unless anyone has an Idea of the exact dates the dcii or the matrix may come.. The reference though hasnt even show its face in the USA.... Im starting to get anxious, and i dont wanna order anything else other then asus...... Anyone? know anything? Thanks guys. 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

chrsplmr
Level 18
... hang in there .. it's gonna be worth the wait I think.c.

I know it will be a great card WHEN it comes out. Isn't it weird though that they havnt released the asus card yet, all the others have been released.

HiVizMan
Level 40
The ASUS card has most certainly been released, I bought a couple form a UK retailer. I would contact the US office of ASUS or ask on Newegg.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Reference ASUS 290x, found on Newegg :eek: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121820

There most likely won't be a Matrix for the 290x as there is already one for the 280x, IF there is something ROG flavored coming...it'll be another ARES. And you're right, the DCII probably won't be out til the end of the year, maybe before Christmas perhaps lol.

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Reference ASUS 290x, found on Newegg :eek: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121820

There most likely won't be a Matrix for the 290x as there is already one for the 280x, IF there is something ROG flavored coming...it'll be another ARES. And you're right, the DCII probably won't be out til the end of the year, maybe before Christmas perhaps lol.

Ya I see that newegg has them shown, but it shows that its "coming soon" with its "pre-release" Its been like that since the launch.. I would like to get a dcii but im just going to fit a custom aftermarket fan on a reference card, i dont want to wait till xmas.. I need this thing now. My poor old 6950 just cant keep up with bf4 and i think it might be starting to **** out on me.. But thats a whole different issue and doesn't matter as long as i can get a new card soon.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah you are waiting for a non Reference card, well they normally come out 8 to 9 weeks after the reference first release.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you want a reference design then get any card, reference means it is made in the same factory and then each vendor puts the card in their own box.

HiVizMan wrote:
If you want a reference design then get any card, reference means it is made in the same factory and then each vendor puts the card in their own box.

This is not true.. For one I want the asus bios, even though i could flash any, i want it strait from asus... second each company uses either Hynix or Elphida memory chips.. I want the hynix, better oc potential. Also I should mention that ASUS "coming soon" is gone, infact the card is totally gone from newegg.. 😞 I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks for the replies though.

Taint3dBulge wrote:
This is not true.. For one I want the asus bios, even though i could flash any, i want it strait from asus... second each company uses either Hynix or Elphida memory chips.. I want the hynix, better oc potential. Also I should mention that ASUS "coming soon" is gone, infact the card is totally gone from newegg.. 😞 I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks for the replies though.

You won't know which chip you have until you pull the cooling solution of the card to visually identify them.

I just stumbled on this software and it works identifying the manufacturer

http://www.mediafire.com/download/voj4j1rlk0ucfz4/MemoryInfo+1005.rar

P.S Elpida 60F chip(reference is 1500MHz) overclocks to 1700MHz vs Sammys go to 1700MHz - 1800MHz