cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SX - Charger Pin broken

Yurelle
Level 7
This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened, and I'm quite fed up of it. I live in Scotland, and usually get a bunch of excuses from ASUS over the phone, no one knowing where parts are or how long things will take, then after 3 weeks? A crappy repair job. Sure, the charger works after, but 3 weeks is how long they take each time. I can't afford to be without a computer for 3 weeks each time this happens.

I use my laptop on a desk and check to make sure the charger isn't in an awkward position. This has not happened to me on any other laptop I have used or owned.

Is there a way around this? The charger pin hasn't actually 'broken' - it's just completely come out of the laptop. I'm no tech expert, and my laptop is still in warranty. But I do need my laptop to study for university, and I really can't be without it for 3 weeks. I don't know what to do.
4 REPLIES 4

Pitcher1
Level 9
you mean broke pin in laptop, so now can not do any charge? if you still can charge, i think you can order when part come in, you sent to service center.

Hey,
I'm not able to charge the laptop, the charger pin from inside the laptop has completely come out.

I'm worried this will keep happening as it's the fourth time now, and that means I'm ****ed if the warranty runs out as no matter what I do the charger pin only lasts a few months before breaking.

What can I do about this? They always take 3 weeks to fix the charger pin and never give me much information. It's just going to really interfere with my studies and I don't think 3 weeks to fix a charger pin is acceptable.

Pitcher1
Level 9
we will pass to locally and contact with you.

Pitcher@asus wrote:
we will pass to locally and contact with you.

Thank you. My laptop successfully arrived at the ASUS approved repair shop on the 5th of this month. That's all the information I saw on the RMA status, however.