cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with G73JH Ribbon

Crimage
Level 7
Hello every one, i had problem with my notebook my graphic adapter went down so it was in a closed for a while but i have decided to give him a second chance and i bought a new VGA everything is ok now but i have problem with the small ribbon cable that connects the sata controller to the motherboard its broken so i need to change it but i can find it anywhere on the net.
its SUMITOMO-G AWM 2896 80C VW-1 -F- 24 pin wide 12mm length 40 mm

Please help me with that i desperately need that in order to revive my precious G73JH
14 REPLIES 14

Crimage
Level 7
or if anyone can tell me if this one gonna work its 30 pin mine is 24 pin is it possible to cut 6 pin is it gonna damage the cable or its ok ??
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Sumitomo-G-AWM-2896-80C-VW-1-Ribbon-Cable-30-Pin-6-CM-Long-1-6-CM-Wide-/18121...

billyray520
Level 10
Here's a 24 pin
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

But this one is sumitomo - M mine is G or there is no difference ?

billyray520 wrote:
Here's a 24 pin

Crimage wrote:

The difference is that the pins are exposed on opposite sides. But the seller seems to have all different kinds, if you ask.
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think you can order in computer shop, it would be better.

Pitcher@asus wrote:

With pleasure but here in France is a bit difficult can you suggest me something ?

Pitcher@asus wrote:

With pleasure but here in France is a bit difficult can you suggest me one ?

Crimage
Level 7
hello again, i've received my replacement cable today so its sumitomo-m but strange problem occur its my Jh just dont want to start and when i take out the cable from the mobo everything is fine it boots normally. Where can be the problem ?