cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Hero double boot with new 0903 bios ?

Killersjp
Level 7
Hi. Just updated bios from 0804 to 0903, now when I turn on the computer it powers up, powers down for one second and then powers up and starts correctly. Any thoughts. Thanks. Worked without powering down with old bios. I know some will say just return to the old bios, with that logic no one would ever upgrade the bios to benefit from fixes and enhancements.
3 REPLIES 3

dreamer_toons
Level 7
I am facing the same issue too; except I am still on 0804.

Moreover, I observed that when I did intense gaming, the system would automatically boot into BIOS at the next start up.

Killersjp
Level 7
Managed to fix this problem. When I first installed the bios I used the usb on the back of the i/o panel and pressed the bios button next to it to install the bios. I have re flashed the bios using a normal usb slot and used the in bios option to flash it again. This seems to have fixed this issue. Hope that info helps someone. Where people say its supposed to turn the power off and then reboot again they must be wrong as mine was booting first time. I did have memory that caused the double boot too, since changing that all ok.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers mate please you have sorted your issue.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.