cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW-DS72 right fan/cooler fixing noise/replacement

fazaa_66
Level 7
Hi guys, could you please help me in finding solution to my problem? The right fan started to buzz like crazy. I know how the laptop should be heard when it works, when it's idle and when it processes heavy stuff. I know how does it sound if everything's okay with it, but now it's too loud. The right fan (or cooler) started making too much noise. I tried to open the back panel and blow it from dust or whatever (no dust was there actually), didn't work. I know it's not the dust problem also. It just started making loud noise. Usually it's a bad sign telling me that it's gonna fail one day. Any suggestions please? I'm from Russia (means that I'm from different place, so if you want to advise me to visit an ASUS store to fix it (or place where I bought it originally), it's not the solution. I'd need a hardware solution. May be you could advise me where I can buy a new fan/cooler and replace it.

Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8

Pitcher1
Level 9
are you visit our support site as www.asus.com/ru/support to find the service loacation? all service center have not near your location?
if yes, i think you will search estore which in RU and sell fan for G75VW.

Clintlgm
Level 14
http://www.asusparts.eu/partfinder/Asus/Notebook/G%20Series/G75VW#Cooling hope this link helps
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Oh, and btw guys, what cooler is it, the right one ? (if you look on the laptop normally when you game, for example)
is it CPU cooler, or GPU ? Please, see the photo.

fazaa_66
Level 7
Thank you guys! Appreciate your help.

Clintlgm
Level 14
Check out this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KHrJKInmA it's a complete disassembly of a G75 should answer any questions you have for the replacement of your bad fan.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

fazaa_66
Level 7
I saw the video in the link, but thank you also! Good job guys, I feel like this is the best community I've seen so far regarding laptops problems. Thank you!

i want to bring this old beast back to life again, i feel like changing the 660M to a GTX 880M. anyone know if the cooling system already in place is adequate? or do i have to either custom build one or find an upgrade online?
thanks in advance 😄

Well I guess you could say that nothing is impossible, however the cost and practicability of this doesn't work out you can get a G750, G752 either one for about the same cost with out modifying anything. A more direct answer would be that the GTX 880m would not drop in, many modification would be needed and the current cooling system would also need to be modified. And a VBios would need to be written as well as the system BIOS would have to be modified.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro