cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G750JX Vs JOYPAD CONTROLLER XBOX 360

Kendhal
Level 7
Hi,
I purchased my new laptop g750jx with Win 8 PRO; I tried to connect the controller WIFI XBOX 360 to PC installing the driver (unfortunately the only available is for Windows 764 bit -but correctly installed on win8), started the controller but nothing!!--> not detected!!:(

Now I have question:
-the receiver controller for the xbox joypad is already included in this laptop as the receiver wireless for NVIDIA 3D Glasses or I need to buy the receiver?:confused:

Thank you for the answer!

Kendhal
9 REPLIES 9

Nmigaz
Level 7
Hi Kendhal, you will need to buy and XBOX Wireless receiver.
The XBOX 360 Controller is not Wifi, it uses a 2.4Ghz proprietary wireless protocol.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_Controller

Kendhal
Level 7
Hi Nmigaz!ok, thanks a lot for your quickly answer!!

ZiggZagg
Level 7
Kendhal... Hello! This isn't exactly pertinent to your post it's just that I noticed that you have a g750JX and I'm presently expecting a delivery of a g750jx from Xoticpc in a day or so. I was curious if the second (empty) drive bay comes with a drive caddy. I found decent prices on a Samsung ssd 840 evo 250 gb and a WD 750 gb "black" hdd I'm going to use as an external backup storage device plugged into one of the 3.0 usb ports and the drives I bought were "bare bones"... no extra hardware.

Any info much appreciated.
ZZ
G750jx-RB71

Yes It does I have and would recommend the samsung 840 Mz Pro 256Gb (not the 250gb) Huge difference in speed.

Snipes... I researched before buying and while the MZ pro 256 is faster it isn't by much according to all the tech reviews and benching results. The 250 has 520 read and 492 write which will do. The only thing "con" said about it concerned its durability since it's made of slightly lower quality ram... only 1.5 million hours. 😛

Thanks for reply snipestech... see you around the campus. ZZ

P.S>- To be clear, the g750jx does come equipped with a drive caddy for the empty bay?

Thanks again. ZZ
G750jx-RB71

ZiggZagg wrote:
Snipes... I researched before buying and while the MZ pro 256 is faster it isn't by much according to all the tech reviews and benching results. The 250 has 520 read and 492 write which will do. The only thing "con" said about it concerned its durability since it's made of slightly lower quality ram... only 1.5 million hours. 😛

Thanks for reply snipestech... see you around the campus. ZZ

P.S>- To be clear, the g750jx does come equipped with a drive caddy for the empty bay?

Thanks again. ZZ

It comes with the caddy, and the screws you will need to mount the SSD are in a ziplock bag that should have come with your laptop. Typically it's taped to the cardboard inside the box.

Before you install the SSD do your due diligence here on the forums regarding the various methods used for installation and save yourself a lot of headaches.

In a nutshell I recommend backing up your laptop to a flash drive with asus backtracker first. Next, swap the SSD into the same bay that your hard drive is in now...do NOT put the HDD in the other bay at this point. Restore the system from your flash drive. After everything is up and running you can then install the HDD into the spare bay and adjust partitions to your preferences.

ZiggZagg
Level 7
Thanks guys for the info and help. This is my first ROG comp and I want to do it right. It's also my first laptop. Ever since the late, late 70's when the TRC'S (Radio Shack) came out I built my own towers... to my own specs and whims until I got married however when I was 36. This severely curtailed my builds; considering she came with 2 very nice kids (though they are worth every bit of the time and money spent raising them). This g750jx is actually the first machine I will have ever owned that I had nothing to do with building except for specking it out to the retailer. Looking forward to it.

ZZ
G750jx-RB71

Same for me here.Ive built every desktop I ever had but no longer have the space for a huge rig and display.I installed mines without the ziplock bag .Also I chose to reinstall as I wanted a completely clean install.Yes I did go the hard route. I also tweaked the bios boot to have it boot to the ssd.I guess I did it the hard way.But like you its a small price to pay considering I didnt build this.The least I could do was install and setup to my liking.

Kendhal
Level 7
Sorry ZZ, I was out all time for a business travel; I confirm all info about drive by snipestech and Nillaz; about the external drive I use a WD ELEMENTS 2TB usb 3.0. Also for me is the first ROG comp and until now has always been excellent!!