cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX blank screen after windows 8.1 update

palamut
Level 7
Hi guys,
i installed 8.1 and shut down pc everything was working fine with 8.1 only the secureboot stamp was on the bottom right corner. all the programs etc was working fine i used the pc about 1 hour and then shut down.

After then when i hit the power button the power button light hdd indicator went on like starting normally but there is a total black screen also no ROG logo or windows logo or screen backlight. it is totally black. the keyboard lights went on and off then.
there is totally black screen

i tried ctrl+home then power combo to reset bios. there is nothing happen still fully black screen. i tried the F2 to enter bios no changes i tried esc combo to select boot disk and still nothing on screen. i tried F9 and F11 to restore windows but still nothing. i connected the pc via hdmi to my tv and tried fn+f8 again no signal then i tried the vga cable with my desktop pc monitor and still no signal. i unmounted the battery and hold power button about 1 min then tried with only ac adapter and still nothing on screen

as you see i looked up the forum and tried many ways and no difference. Does anybody can offer some idea to restore a computer without any screen 🙂 or another solution
5 REPLIES 5

Pitcher1
Level 9
how to upgrate to win 8.1? it seem you laptop is death, please try unmond battery and adapter for a while, maybe 5 min, then plug it and press power button, or unplug DIMM, HDD for while, then plug in, try again, if all ways not help, i think you will sent to service center.

the win 8.1 upgrade is avaliable on windows metro style apps market application. but i offer you to wait more for feedbacks and stable optimisations. my problem also may be about the update or something.

i tried also removing battery and waiting but no response again. today i left it to service. this is my second time huge problem with my g75 in 6 months and again service .....
i am not happy about my g75 experience

This thing is happening to me. Any ideas, folks? Nothing suggested worked.

ahmd1907
Level 7
i am having so many problems with my G55VW windows 8.1 ... its now so so much slow in everything .. and the keyboard language icon disappear .. i am having problems with my ESET problems with Firefox with games FN key don't respond .. Windows update Stuck on Checking windows updates for 2 days and i don't know why .. its a ****ty windows .. i am not recommend for anyone to install it ..

palamut
Level 7
i got back the pc from technical service they said your bios is gone . they flash it back with a method i do not know and after using windows 8.1 for 5 days i seen not any problems with any of the functions. everything works perfect and faster. but the first installation process may be risky about bios etc. i still advice everyone to wait especially who have no warranty.