Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

For users who grabbed my Confg.plist please enable both NewWay and FixRegions.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/top...ion/?p=2023757

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Fixing-...gions_10000000

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by NiPeGun View Post
    Guys, I created a web yesterday, to centralize all stuff related to hackintoshing Asus ROG Notebooks and motherboards. ONLY for Asus ROG products. Not normal Asus products. The web is:

www.roghackintosh.org

Right now I´m creating all the structure for the database and forums. So, it is possible you can´t find your notebook or motherboard. Be patient. Maybe in a few days you can find it operative. I mean, it is operative already, but since the forum will be in english, spanish, french, russian, chinese, portuguese, hebrew, etc, It will take me some time to create all forum structure for all languajes.

If you are and advanced hackintosh user with ROG hardware, and want to help, contact me at contact@roghackintosh.org If you know other languaje than spanish or english I will need your help for sure.

I´m excited with the idea. With a little help from the ROG forum community, we can build a solid ROG hackintosh encyclopedia.

Regards.
    Hi,
    looks like a good idea but i personaly would have structured it by type of componant rather than model numbers, e.g. wifi, graphics, lan, sound, hardware swapping etc. and have a general full tutorial section. install will be different for clover and chameleon/chimera.
    most of the problems are general to all laptop models but differences with exact hardware will make the forums very confusing.
    e.g. my laptop G750JX, has very different problems to other G750JX models because of the 3D screen and also variations of wifi module etc.
    also not sure if multi language will help anyone either. many good tips and help can get lost by never geting translated or read. not to be dis-repectful to any other nationalities but if the forum is all english anyone capable of attempting a hackintosh should be capable of using google translate.
    only my 2c...
    good luck
    Last edited by gazzacbr; 08-14-2014 at 04:03 AM.
    Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
    1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
    free bag and mouse
    win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

From Bozz's first POST, this thread could be closed at any time do to legal matters, I think it would be wise to think about a site more in line as AAndreI pointed out. I certainly would not be the person to be able to do this however.
    Last edited by pcfr33k; 08-14-2014 at 07:42 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

pcfr33k. I would like to ask a question concerning audio with your DSDT and the HDA kext you provided. My issue is that after sleep, the sound will sometimes work but most times it will not. If it does work, then the headphone jack usually doesn't work. Do you have the same issue? Manually unloading and loading the kext fixes all the issues. I'm working on using Sleepwatcher to fix this.

Also, the scroll sensitivity for my touchpad is reset to default after restart. I'm using the ElanPS2 kext provided by pcfr33k. Does anyone know where/how I could define the default scroll sensitivity myself?
    Last edited by Shmi Anderson; 08-15-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmi Anderson View Post
    pcfr33k. I would like to ask a question concerning audio with your DSDT and the HDA kext you provided. My issue is that after sleep, the sound will sometimes work but most times it will not. If it does work, then the headphone jack usually doesn't work. Do you have the same issue? Manually unloading and loading the kext fixes all the issues. I'm working on using Sleepwatcher to fix this.

Also, the scroll sensitivity for my touchpad is reset to default after restart. I'm using the ElanPS2 kext provided by pcfr33k. Does anyone know where/how I could define the default scroll sensitivity myself?
    That EmlyDinesh (Elan2) Kext touchpad driver is also suppose to include the AudioFamily sleep then wake loss of sound issue fix. Look at verbose mode when you boot it should say something in the line of audio fix? When I put the notebook to sleep then wake my audio still works.

Nothing more you can do to DSDT.

Try one of the later releases.

EDITED:

Also check on that forum on how to make adjustments, 2nd link.

Look at lazzy's post #480

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post426673

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

Last edited by pcfr33k; 08-16-2014 at 01:50 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I updated elan kext to version 3.9 RC1. But there is some bug.
    buton right doen't work http://www.mediafire.com/watch/xz0x7...ight_click.mov
    when I stop scrolling down but my 2 fingers is still on touchpad, it scroll up automatic

------------------

I have problem when i watch video fullHD, it very lag (2s for delay)
    i got full resolution but I think my qe/ci doesn't work, i put ig-platform-id=0x0a260006 but nothing is better
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 03.02.23.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	518.8 KB 
ID:	40100

------------------
    problem with sound. My sound works great but spdif and hdmi audio doesn't work i wait areos to fix it
    I don't know how my subwoofer works because i don't see subwoofer in audio midi setup
    can you check if you subwoofer works or not?
    it must have with
    - 1 stereo channel Right and left
    - 1 channel for subwoofer
    this is mince
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-08-17 at 13.06.47.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	258.3 KB 
ID:	40101

@lazzy,

I don't know if there is a way other than listening to music to see if subwoofer is working. I noticed you have the Intel IGPU 4600 active. Do you have Optimus enabled on your laptop? If so then it looks like you found a way to boot with optimus (boot to your IGPU and not nvidia discreet graphics). To get HDMI audio to work it will be from your IGPU intel 4600 not nvidia discreet. You will need a DSDT fix from Toleda patches. Use MaciASL and grab his source. Check out his posts on Insanely and Tony for more information. There might be a way for you to disable Optimus and boot to your discreet graphics card but this requires you to modify your bios to unhide hidden menus. I don't think its ever been tested either so don't do anything unless you find a howto guide and its proven to work.

ROG Enthusiast Array

do you have the link about unhide menu in bios please? i will do it. I really dont like optimus i don't have guide to disable HD 4600

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    do you have the link about unhide menu in bios please? i will do it. I really dont like optimus i don't have guide to disable HD 4600
    AAndrei guided me to unhide my menu so I could disable CFG and not need to patch the kernel even though Clover auto patched MSR 0xE2. It could be dangerous but I believe I remember seeing port and Fx I think are the only two things that have to be disabled. It could even brick your notebook. If AAndreI reads this post I would rather wait and ask him how unsafe it could be or would it even work.

Can I get back to you in a bit on this. If it works this would be a great thing for users who have Optimus enabled by default.
    Last edited by pcfr33k; 08-18-2014 at 03:50 PM.

ROG Member Array

Hi. I have a working 10.9.1 which I setup using the initial guide made by Bozzified.
    I wanted to isntall 10.9.4 so I went through the thread and found post #463.
    I followed the instructions: made the bootable USB drive, installed clover (with Install for UEFI booting only and install Clover in ESP checked), added the all the files from the archive in right places, but when I boot I get the following error: screenshot.
    The boot args when I get the error are "-v nv_disable=1".
    I also checked the bios settings - secure boot is disabled (they were already set when I made my first install using the guide from Bozzified).

The first time this happened I thought I may have messed up the getting everything on the USB stick, but I did it again and I got the same error.

Any suggestions?

My laptop is a G750JW-T4038D, 24GB memory and GTX765m
    Thx
    Last edited by marosoaie; 08-23-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast