Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Wow, the forum has a limiti of characters so I can't post anymore in my initial post.. that's bizarre. Anyhow:

UPDATE 6:

So, the progress so far is following:

1. GPU works natively QE/CI (Superb performance)
    2. Hardware acceleration issue resolved (I am now using SMBIOS iMac14,2). I have modified the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement kext to include iMac14,2 profile and used Mac Pro 5,1 GPU settings there in order to get the hardware acceleration working. Works great now (power management though might be iffy and probably blasting the GPU at full speed - I don't care about this and it works great but it might be an issue for you if you are planning on using this laptop unplugged as a "portable" laptop - this laptop is anything but portable )

3. Touchpad works (albeit no gestures) - I tried Elan Touchpad drivers for OSX and patching that and works great and all but the gestures and touchpad is not the amazing pinnacle of technology so it works wonky, gestures don't get recognized properly and the way these guys made these gestures they are just weird so I took it off. Also I had issues with left and right touchpad buttons not working. I'm using standard VoodooPS2Controller by Rehabman for Synaptics now and it works great. No gestures but I guess it works as it should. I mean I have mouse plugged in anyhow. For those rare instances where I need to have touchpad running this is more then great.

4. Wifi/Bluetooth/Ethernet all work (see previous updates)

5. SD Card works awesome.. Recognized just fine (but with some adjustments in AppleStorage kext)

6. Thunderbolt not recognized - still try to see if I can make this work (haven't even tried yet)

7. Battery/Charging information (not really working - I included the battery kext from someone - I think it's also Rehabman but it's not working properly as it requires some DSDT fixes to be unique - I'll look more into this - not a prirority now as I use my G750 plugged in nonstop wherever I go)

8. Power Sleep/Shutdown/Restart works - you lose backlight on keyboard and it's a bit wonky but it works. I think it also reacts to the lid being down and turns it off but I find it to be a bit wonky overall.. Well better working than not I guess no matter how.

9. USB 3.0 is fully recognized (it was never really a problem - I messed with settings in BIOS and I lost it.. make sure you put XHCI under USB to SmartAuto)

10. Haven't tried HDMI/displayport outputs so can't tell you if it's working or not but assuming the GTX 770M is fully recognized natively without patching anything I would say it probably works fine.

11. SSD TRIM recognized fine.

12. Sound works fine with VoodooHDA 2.8.4 and PreferencePane but it will cut out after sleep (look for VoodooHDA deamon to get that resolved - I haven't installed deamon so can't confirm)

That's about it though.. I think we are like 99% fully operational with some trade-offs but if you live with those (I think they are not a huge deal considering what this laptop is and how you use it).

I am including in this update all my files in the first post as I have patched (kexts, smbios.plist, mach_kernel mentioned in the initial install just in case Rehabman's url goes down and Clover config file).
    Last edited by Bozzified; 11-04-2013 at 09:48 PM.

- reserved
    Last edited by Bozzified; 11-04-2013 at 09:02 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzified View Post
    - reserved
    I have the first reply in this thread so I will copy your updated post to it, you know to keep things clean :P

Quote Originally Posted by gazzacbr View Post
    hi, mavericks installs ok but i cannot get it to restart from hd
    i swapped the kernel with rehabmans and repaired permissions.
    booting from usb i get to:
    NVIDIAStartup: Official
    ACPI_SMC_Platform.....
    WARNING: IOPLAtform... this is an unknown CPU model - power management maybe incomplete....
    NVDAG100Hal loaded and registered
    [AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform
    DSMOS has arrived
    [IOBluetooth...] -- completed

and then black screen
    if i set graphichenabler=yes i get a grey screen

did i miss something?
    is the bluetooth connected to the wifi, which i know is not going to work oob.

@x70xchallengerx: good idea about this thread being sticked, if it is not banned...
    Use the files from GT70.zip this guy includes at the end and put it into S/L/E of the installation USB and in Extras and try that.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-l...-gt60-2od.html

Just to tease Mac Book Pro owners.. GTX770M is outperforming Quadro K4000!!!! in OSX Mavericks

ROG Enthusiast Array

Awesome! I just got mine installed today, left windows 8.1 untouched on my SSD, backed up then wiped my 1tb secondary, partitioned to 200gb/800gb (mavericks / storage) Everything works great! only things I had trouble with was when I ran multibeast, it would get about 60% done, then it would complete like 4 steps REALLY fast and then the app would say "installation failed".. it fails somewhere in where it's applying chameleon settings so I imagine it wouldn't matter because I have Clover installed with your settings?

I am excited to try Final Cut Pro X on this, it would work on my Mountain Lion G51Jx, but not all that well, it was very slow.

Thanks again for the guide! I will be watching this thread for updates

ROG Enthusiast Array

Everything's running beautifully so far. Only things are that I can't adjust brightness and I'm still trying to figure out how to enable iMessage and other Apple services.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzified View Post

Keep in mind that I did a completely clean install. Meaning I installed WIndows 8 on the 1tb drive and I installed OSX on SSD. If you are mixing partitions it can be anything.

[/img]
    What you are saying is that if I partition my 256gb SSD (128/128) for windows / Mavericks its possible it won't work? I really don't want to boot from HD any os.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

hi, thanks from the help here i am mostly working but still no luck with graphics.. i am using your (Bozzified) smbios,Boot.plist and kexts.
    i can only reboot into mavericks from usb when i remove NV...kexts from S/L/E. then i have full resolution but no acceleration.
    did you modify any of the NV... kexts?
    would having the 3D screen make any difference?
    ethernet is working so will have a look at wifi some other time.

ps. new multibeast 6 was close to useless. it started and complained about non-standard kexts or something then said it failed.
    but it did partly work though. there is no uninstall (of course) and i did eventually find the log file hidden in the console which had already been overwritten by the second run. as before, you get one run, if that fails you basically have to reinstall to sort out the mess.

pps. where does the ASUSVIP badge come from? does i mean i get some preferential treatment?
    Last edited by gazzacbr; 11-05-2013 at 08:44 AM.
    Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
    1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
    free bag and mouse
    win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

hi,
    in answer to somebodys question about making a usb installer, yes you can do it from a virtual os x.
    i made mine from a VMWare Mountain Lion but VirtualBox is probably the same.
    this avoids having to get out your real mac that you have (you do have one dont you?)
    Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
    1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
    free bag and mouse
    win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast