Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Drask View Post
    What you are saying is that if I partition my 256gb SSD (128/128) for windows / Mavericks its possible it won't work? I really don't want to boot from HD any os.
    Well it's a bit tricker.. it gets more complicated because Windows modifies the boot of the drive and if you want to run Clover it will get a bit messy.

If you want to have bootloader from USB stick and then pick your Mountain Lion it should work fine and you would be using Chameleon only. Just keep in mind that you have to be extra careful with the Clover because the instructions I put basically work with pure drives as it puts EFI info into boot sector.

double post - forum software sucks
    Last edited by Bozzified; 11-05-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gazzacbr View Post
    hi, thanks from the help here i am mostly working but still no luck with graphics.. i am using your (Bozzified) smbios,Boot.plist and kexts.
    i can only reboot into mavericks from usb when i remove NV...kexts from S/L/E. then i have full resolution but no acceleration.
    did you modify any of the NV... kexts?
    would having the 3D screen make any difference?
    ethernet is working so will have a look at wifi some other time.

ps. new multibeast 6 was close to useless. it started and complained about non-standard kexts or something then said it failed.
    but it did partly work though. there is no uninstall (of course) and i did eventually find the log file hidden in the console which had already been overwritten by the second run. as before, you get one run, if that fails you basically have to reinstall to sort out the mess.

pps. where does the ASUSVIP badge come from? does i mean i get some preferential treatment?
    If Multibeast is giving you trouble, go to Disk Utility, run Repair permissions on the drive where your Mavericks is installed and try Multibeast again. If that doesn't work, install only Chameleon latest version from Multibeast and then use Kext Wizard to put all my files to S/L/E. Don't forget that you will need to make sure that your config plist in Extra folder after you install Chameleon has graphics enabler = no and igp set to ono as well as we have dedicated GPU.

Also SMBIOS needs to be put into Extra folder as well.

The reason why you don't have acceleration (meaning the videos lock up OSX and so on) is most likely because of AppleGraphicsPowerManagement. you need to use that one and use SMBIOS I gave you because that sets it iMac14,2 and it will use my patched values for GPU from AppleGraphicsManagement as I added iMac14,2 description there too.

Guys, just to let you know, any time you add kexts to Extra or S/L/E you need to run Kext Wizard, repair permissions on S/L/E and Extra and Rebuild caches. If you don't do that the bootloaders will useKernelCache to boot faster but they will use the cache from before and your new files won't be used until the cache rebuild.

You can avoid this by specifying UseKernelCache=No in Chameleon bootloader when you boot but that's not ideal. Just use Kext Wizard.

Just a quick update to clarify because the initial post is not necessarily clear.

The files I attached are already prepatched for you .. so some steps in you hacking the files are really not necessary.

I have made the SMBIOS for you with iMac14,2 System Definition (that goes into Extra folder)

I have included AppleGraphicsPowerManagement to work with this system definition to get full hardware acceleration (this is a power management issue)

I have included the Wifi/Bluetooth kexts that I patched for ASUS G750JX with appropriate interrupts and Vendor/Product IDs for our hardware.

So basically you shouldn't really worry too much.

Clover config also includes the configuration appropriate for our laptop I put and I put the relevant SMBIOS info there too to include iMac14,2 system definition.

All you have to do is replace the default config when you see EFI volume and put the kexts (kexts only) I included in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9

Hope that clarifies it a bit. I was just putting updates as to what I was doing to make things work. Included files already have those things included so just use that. it should work without you messing around too much.
    Last edited by Bozzified; 11-05-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Just FYI guys.. I finally decided to take out the optical drive and replace it with an HDD caddy so I can put additional storage drive in there.

It was very simple and now I have a 3rd storage option

I used this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...FeuDQgodN1sACQ

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

ha, i just saw saw that that double double post post !!
    thanks, i will backtrack a bit and do some proper checking of the files i am using. its really nice to see the full resolution but the graphics is like running through treacle...

good news is, i have carbon copy cloned mavericks from the temporary disk back on to my main mbr HD0 (500GB SSD), applied chimera, and mavericks is happily booting with all the other windows (with BootIT). no efi for me thanks, too much like hard work.

note about MacDrive: i have MacDrive on my win 8 install to change Mavericks files and was running virtual mountain lion and modifying on there but MacDrive seems to lock the disks and changes i was making were 'forgotten' when the vm stopped.
    i have been editing the files in win 8 then rebooting to my win 7 which does not have MacDrive to run the vm and i can rebuild cache and repair perms from there.
    Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
    1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
    free bag and mouse
    win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzified View Post
    Just FYI guys.. I finally decided to take out the optical drive and replace it with an HDD caddy so I can put additional storage drive in there.

It was very simple and now I have a 3rd storage option

I used this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...FeuDQgodN1sACQ
    wow, $12.99 is mucho cheapo i had one of these in my acer. its a really good option. i could put the asus 1tb spinner in there and still have my 2 500gb ssds. is the existing drive easy to remove? the acer was literally only 1 small screw underneath.
    (sorry folks for off topic)
    Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
    1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
    free bag and mouse
    win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

I've managed to install Mavericks as well, thanks a lot for the guide! My issues (G750JX):

1. After installing, replacing the kernel via Windows, and attempting to reboot with the USB drive, I wasn't given the option to boot from the hard drive. This wouldn't go away until I swapped my 2 drives in their respective bays. Now the HDD with OS X is in the middle, not corner, bay.

2. I have the Atheros wifi card - it doesn't work, sadly.

3. My CPU is running hot. According to HWMonitor.app it's around 68-72 degrees (Celsius). This is gaming load temperature under Windows, and the fans can be heard. It doesn't scale down.

4. Sound, while it works, is a bit distorted (voodoohda latest version).

Other minor annoyances like touchpad/keyboard layout (can probably be fixed)/brightness stuck @max.

My first attempt at getting OS X running on a Windows PC - quite successful, I guess. Though the hot cpu is a dealbreaker (I will probably replace the wifi card in the future anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by villiansv View Post
    I've managed to install Mavericks as well, thanks a lot for the guide! My issues (G750JX):

1. After installing, replacing the kernel via Windows, and attempting to reboot with the USB drive, I wasn't given the option to boot from the hard drive. This wouldn't go away until I swapped my 2 drives in their respective bays. Now the HDD with OS X is in the middle, not corner, bay.

2. I have the Atheros wifi card - it doesn't work, sadly.

3. My CPU is running hot. According to HWMonitor.app it's around 68-72 degrees (Celsius). This is gaming load temperature under Windows, and the fans can be heard. It doesn't scale down.

4. Sound, while it works, is a bit distorted (voodoohda latest version).

Other minor annoyances like touchpad/keyboard layout (can probably be fixed)/brightness stuck @max.

My first attempt at getting OS X running on a Windows PC - quite successful, I guess. Though the hot cpu is a dealbreaker (I will probably replace the wifi card in the future anyways).
    I'll be looking into finding a solution for ACPI and power management along with the ATK ACPI brightness thing.. I am working on this most of the time I can do..

The challenge is this.. I actually generated the SMBIOS for the latest Mac Book Pro 11,3 (that's the new MacBook Pro hoping that OSX will automatically apply the power management to our laptop being recognized as Haswell laptop, unfortunately it seems that new Mac Book Pros with Haswell are not actually even using AppleCPUPowerManagement and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement and are directly communicating with their BIOS and this is where our locked BIOS has issues.. OSX can't access it.

Now, I know Rehabman and others will try to patch the kernel to enable OSX working with these BIOSes but when that's the question..

Another thing I'm looking into is solving brightness keyboard and FN commands and I might actually achieve something there soon as other have, but i have to extract the DSDT in AIDA64 and then try a few patches others have suggested.

I will keep everyone posted.

ROG Enthusiast Array

All temps GPU/CPU at a constant 46 - 47 Celsius. Have yet to break 50 C. I'm using the same Graphics Kext in the zip so it can't be flooring the GPU if it's running at these temps.

Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast