Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Good News everybody, Yosemite works great!!! and Apple Drivers seems to be fixed so I can boot with it and all works good.

I tested DP1 and DP2.

Lets wait it keeps this way until GM.

Good Luck

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Areosjc View Post
    Good News everybody, Yosemite works great!!! and Apple Drivers seems to be fixed so I can boot with it and all works good.

I tested DP1 and DP2.

Good Luck
    Hello Areosjc. WOuld you happen have have a working LCD brightness keys kext? Only main difference is you have the model with the GTX 765M. I have the G750JX-DB71 with the GTX 770M. Do you still have your G74SX? If so do you have updated kexts for audio/ethernet etc? The DSDT I have is the one you shared.

Thanks

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by pcfr33k View Post
    Unibeast did not work for me,. Get the My hack installer. See Bozz guide updated on page 20. You will have to replace the NVDA files with the ones from 10.9.1. Bozz supplies them for you. I just had to type in GraphicsEnabler=no at the boot prompt and everything installed 100% You can follow Bozz guide on page 20 everything you need except the Clover part. I used the clover config.plist file that Cruzin was kind to share I did a couple of modifications to it. One is to change the name from GTX 765M to GTX 770M for me and I added under boot arguments nvda_drv=1 after I installed the web drivers. I have model G750JX-DB71 same one as Bozz. I asked him for a config.plist but he may be too busy not sure but he isn't replying to any of my posts at all?

I may or may not write up my own guide with clover not sure yet. It took me all weekend to finally get the installer to start and understand clover.

Thanks
    Did he share config privately? Not seeing a link, can you send it my way? I have the same laptop! G750JX-DB71 so your config would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Leothan View Post
    Did he share config privately? Not seeing a link, can you send it my way? I have the same laptop! G750JX-DB71 so your config would be awesome!
    yes I will upload it when I get home. I work a second shift here for another hour then on my way home. Its on the PC at home.

Actually look from page 20 and up, you should find a link to it. I believe it was a file I downloaded from a conversation between Cruzin and Areos.

I'll still share mine but if you can find it in the meantime I can tell you what to modify.
    Last edited by pcfr33k; 06-24-2014 at 01:51 AM.

ROG Member Array

That would be great. There is a link in post #270, but dropbox says "Nothing Here"

I would really love to ask a few questions about your config, you mind adding me so I can message you?

Specifically I am still stuck using maxmem=4096 to boot every time, if not I get some 0xdeadbeef message. I used unibeast install, copied Bozz's extras folder, updated kernel, and 10.9.1 nvidia kexts. After install finishes I can get to the desktop and do all the other kexts, but I still cant boot without maxmem=4096.

Anyways, thanks, looking forward to that clover config (and anything else you want throw my way

ROG Enthusiast Array

Chill guys, here's my config.plist:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd1l5cpybm60q44/config.plist

It's for the G750JW but just replace that big block underneath with the EFI String for the G750JX
    <key>Inject</key>
    <true/>
    <key>Properties</key>

If you want a clean interface to edit this plist with just download Clover Configurator and import this plist.
    Download: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/f...-configurator/

You do need the ApplePS2Elan kext to get keyboard backlight working. Make sure to delete all Voodoo kexts in the process.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Areosjc View Post

I tested DP1 and DP2.

Good Luck
    Hi, how do you guys know this stuff
    i just had to google 'Yosemite' and whohoo 10.10 is on the way (am i the last to know?).
    maybe they will also support 3D 120hz screens (wishfull thinking?)
    i am downloading right now and will give it a spin sometime soon
    we will nee d a new thread for this...
    Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
    1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
    free bag and mouse
    win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cruzin_cruzing View Post

It's for the G750JW but just replace that big block underneath with the EFI String for the G750JX
    <key>Inject</key>
    <true/>
    <key>Properties</key>

If you want a clean interface to edit this plist with just download Clover Configurator and import this plist.

You do need the ApplePS2Elan kext to get keyboard backlight working. Make sure to delete all Voodoo kexts in the process.
    Using this config while I am waiting on pcfr33k, I changed the serial number to my serial number (its only 15 characters and not 17, is that a problem?) and I can boot into Mavericks but my keyboard doesnt work once I am booted in, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by cruzin_cruzing View Post

<key>Inject</key>
    <true/>
    <key>Properties</key>

What about LCD brightness key? Is there a DSDT edit and Kext needed? I grabbed the DSDT/SSDT fils you were kindly share.

Here are the related kexts for asus key function in my efi/clover/kexts/

ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext
    AsusNBFnKeys.kext
    VoodooPS2Controller.kext

The last one is the latest Rehabman's PS2 Voodoo for Keyboard and trackpad. If not needed what is the DSDT edits, clover config and or kexts needed for keyboard and trackpad to work?

Thanks Cruzin for all the help!!

@cruzin,

I sent you a PM over at insanely

Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast