Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 881
  1. #501
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    94

    Do not attempt to disable integrated graphics card. You could get your system unusable.

  2. #502
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    66

    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    I updated elan kext to version 3.9 RC1. But there is some bug.
    buton right doen't work http://www.mediafire.com/watch/xz0x7...ight_click.mov
    when I stop scrolling down but my 2 fingers is still on touchpad, it scroll up automatic

    ------------------

    I have problem when i watch video fullHD, it very lag (2s for delay)
    i got full resolution but I think my qe/ci doesn't work, i put ig-platform-id=0x0a260006 but nothing is better
    Attachment 40100

    ------------------
    problem with sound. My sound works great but spdif and hdmi audio doesn't work i wait areos to fix it
    I don't know how my subwoofer works because i don't see subwoofer in audio midi setup
    can you check if you subwoofer works or not?
    it must have with
    - 1 stereo channel Right and left
    - 1 channel for subwoofer
    this is mince
    Attachment 40101
    I started to have debug sessions with EMlyDinesH which is the kext dev in order to fix this issue with the right click stay tuned.

    The image you shared shows 2 speakers which is wrong, if you edited the kext I provided please change it back. My kext implements the multichannel output inside kext so you will only see one output but you will get physically 3 outputs (right and left speakers and the subwoofer) this is how mac gets all the internal speakers working and just one output.

    I will try to fix the SPDIF, for the HDMI is more a problem with the video outputs, since you have Optimus the HDMI seems to be attached to the Intel card, for us with just the Nvidia card enabled is just a matter of add the right info inside DSDT or via EFI string to have the HDMI audio working. If yo have the HDMI attached you still could have the HDMI working you just need more work, DSDT edits and bin patch the kext, check the PikerAlpha´s/Toleda´s method.

    Good Luck
    Last edited by Areosjc; 08-23-2014 at 06:55 PM.

  3. #503
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    183

    Quote Originally Posted by marosoaie View Post
    Hi. I have a working 10.9.1 which I setup using the initial guide made by Bozzified.
    I wanted to isntall 10.9.4 so I went through the thread and found post #463.
    I followed the instructions: made the bootable USB drive, installed clover (with Install for UEFI booting only and install Clover in ESP checked), added the all the files from the archive in right places, but when I boot I get the following error: screenshot.
    The boot args when I get the error are "-v nv_disable=1".
    I also checked the bios settings - secure boot is disabled (they were already set when I made my first install using the guide from Bozzified).

    The first time this happened I thought I may have messed up the getting everything on the USB stick, but I did it again and I got the same error.

    Any suggestions?

    My laptop is a G750JW-T4038D, 24GB memory and GTX765m
    Thx
    Remove nv_disable=1, that is for our JX models installing OSX MAvericks greater than version 10.9.2. Its just to get to the desktop and post install Web drivers. After that you disable it (untick it).

    You can back space it out in clover boot options from the clover boot prompt, then modify the config or use CLoverConfigurator once back in desktop to keep the option off on every boot.

    Those files I posted were for the JX model and most should work on the Jw. Im unsure about the DSDT however. Send me your unpatched DSDT and I will compare it to mine. If they are the same then you can use the patched DSDT.

  4. #504
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    183

    @Areosjc,

    I know your real busy but when you get a chance could you look over post 477 regarding a couple dsdt edits.


    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post426565

    Thanks
    Last edited by pcfr33k; 08-23-2014 at 09:03 PM.

  5. #505
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by pcfr33k View Post
    Remove nv_disable=1, that is for our JX models installing OSX MAvericks greater than version 10.9.2. Its just to get to the desktop and post install Web drivers. After that you disable it (untick it).

    You can back space it out in clover boot options from the clover boot prompt, then modify the config or use CLoverConfigurator once back in desktop to keep the option off on every boot.

    Those files I posted were for the JX model and most should work on the Jw. Im unsure about the DSDT however. Send me your unpatched DSDT and I will compare it to mine. If they are the same then you can use the patched DSDT.
    I did try to boot using only -v, but got the same error. I removed nv_disable=1. Here is my DSDT.
    Thx
    Last edited by marosoaie; 08-25-2014 at 09:13 AM.

  6. #506
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    37

    I updated version 3.9 R5 http://www.mediafire.com/download/d5.../Elan_g750.zip
    it works very good.
    I request how can enable key "context menu" on keyboard to right click touchpad (waiting his reply). FN+Enter (NumericPad) to open Caculator(He said impossible),
    Alt right key = windows Key (because i use keyboard French and Karabiner doesn't work - waiting for his answer)

    Quote Originally Posted by Areosjc View Post
    I started to have debug sessions with EMlyDinesH which is the kext dev in order to fix this issue with the right click stay tuned.

    The image you shared shows 2 speakers which is wrong, if you edited the kext I provided please change it back. My kext implements the multichannel output inside kext so you will only see one output but you will get physically 3 outputs (right and left speakers and the subwoofer) this is how mac gets all the internal speakers working and just one output.

    I will try to fix the SPDIF, for the HDMI is more a problem with the video outputs, since you have Optimus the HDMI seems to be attached to the Intel card, for us with just the Nvidia card enabled is just a matter of add the right info inside DSDT or via EFI string to have the HDMI audio working. If yo have the HDMI attached you still could have the HDMI working you just need more work, DSDT edits and bin patch the kext, check the PikerAlpha´s/Toleda´s method.

    Good Luck
    @Areosjc
    I don't know why your appleHDA kext doesn't work on my laptop anymore (the icon speeker is enable on pref it look like work but there is no sound), I redo everything from zero, certainly base on your kext http://www.mediafire.com/download/aj...A.282.kext.zip if you have free time can you look it and tell me where i'm wrong.
    This is my dsdt (initial - just correct somme errors)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3q...z8wd9/DSDT.aml
    can you help me to apply all the patch (i ain't sure about do it by myself) thanks a lots
    Last edited by lazzy; 08-25-2014 at 07:45 AM.

  7. #507
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    There is a lot of content on this thread, Can someone create a tutorial based on this new content. It will make everything easier. I have a 750jw and its hard because I had to erase my files several times. Please someone make this less confusing (DSDT, BIOS, Kexts?).

  8. #508
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    183

    Quote Originally Posted by yu42hit View Post
    There is a lot of content on this thread, Can someone create a tutorial based on this new content. It will make everything easier. I have a 750jw and its hard because I had to erase my files several times. Please someone make this less confusing (DSDT, BIOS, Kexts?).
    That should happen sometime soon. I don't have a timeframe on it but a github to handle all files is a start. AAndrei may actually start a github but not until he is back from vacation. We have to wait and see if he plans on doing that.

    As for this forum I agree its scattered to the point that I don't know how anyone can follow it. We need a Clover guide. The Chameleon is already covered by Bozz first post. His guide is for the JX but most things will for on the Jw.

    The other problem I see is the Asus servers tend to go down to much for my liking and I am seeing too many warnings from Mac OSX Safari and Google about Malware.

  9. #509
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    66

    Quote Originally Posted by pcfr33k View Post
    @Areosjc,

    I know your real busy but when you get a chance could you look over post 477 regarding a couple dsdt edits.


    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post426565

    Thanks
    The Wi fi edits are for enable the wi fi led status to work, this patch includes some other things, the BOFF is an implementation from EMlyDinEsH to get the auto off feature for the keyboard back light.
    The patch inside the ACO device are for get the vanilla AC ACPI kext to load, the other ones are for get a more apple like DSDT that is for the OSDW patches, hope it helps.

    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    I updated version 3.9 R5 http://www.mediafire.com/download/d5.../Elan_g750.zip
    it works very good.
    I request how can enable key "context menu" on keyboard to right click touchpad (waiting his reply). FN+Enter (NumericPad) to open Caculator(He said impossible),
    Alt right key = windows Key (because i use keyboard French and Karabiner doesn't work - waiting for his answer)


    @Areosjc
    I don't know why your appleHDA kext doesn't work on my laptop anymore (the icon speeker is enable on pref it look like work but there is no sound), I redo everything from zero, certainly base on your kext http://www.mediafire.com/download/aj...A.282.kext.zip if you have free time can you look it and tell me where i'm wrong.
    This is my dsdt (initial - just correct somme errors)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3q...z8wd9/DSDT.aml
    can you help me to apply all the patch (i ain't sure about do it by myself) thanks a lots
    Regarding the Elan kext in our last session EmlyDinESH get all fixed so all works great again, scroll gestures, buttons etc. Please stay tuned to his post inside osxlatitude forums to get the last updated version an if you can do a donation to thanks all his work.

    For the AppleHDA if you have edited the kext I will take a look as soon as I can to help you, but I think maybe you should wait so I can fix the SPDIF and test it.

    Good Luck to everyone
    Last edited by Areosjc; 08-26-2014 at 09:34 PM.

  10. #510
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    183

    @Areosjc,

    Yes everything is clear now. Thanks Again!!

Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •