Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shmi Anderson View Post
    Are you using Clover? What machine do you have? If you are using a JX model and are using clover download pcfr33k's dropbox files and use the appropriate DSDT. I have an RB71 and am using the DB71 DSDTs without a problem.
    i'm using clover. My laptop is an Asus-N750JV. But can't find a DSDT for my laptop. Or do you know which one I need te use?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by toonvanstrijp View Post
    i'm using clover. My laptop is an Asus-N750JV. But can't find a DSDT for my laptop. Or do you know which one I need te use?
    In your case none of the DSDTs will do you any good as they are for totally different systems. Look into the PNLF patch and perhaps blinkscreen with it. I honestly don't know much about the subject... this is where I would start.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by pcfr33k View Post
    Updated Dropbox files. AppleHDA for 10.10.2. Updated Kexts for FakeSMC and sensors and updated config file patches for 10.10.2 Wifi 5GZ fix, Cosmetic Fix, Bluetooth and trim. Enjoy!!
    Sorry guys for dropping out cause I've been super busy with life and so on.. and I also got another laptop so I wasn't even thinking about this topic so much

Thanks pcfr33k for taking over and helping folks..

I haven't really tried OSX Yosemite but I might try it, but pcfr33k stuff seems to be aces for OSX Yosemite.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzified View Post
    Sorry guys for dropping out cause I've been super busy with life and so on.. and I also got another laptop so I wasn't even thinking about this topic so much

Thanks pcfr33k for taking over and helping folks..

I haven't really tried OSX Yosemite but I might try it, but pcfr33k stuff seems to be aces for OSX Yosemite.
    Hey Bozzie. Good to see a post from you. Wanna take a crack at the mini displayport in Yosemite?

ROG Member Array sthomp001 PC Specs
    sthomp001 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G750JX-TB71
    MotherboardIntel HM87 (Lynx Point)
    Processori7-4700HQ Haswell 2.4GHz
    Memory (part number)HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB NO AA 1343
    Graphics Card #13GB Nvidia GTX770M
    OS Wndows 8, Yosemite 10.10.2

pcfr33k: Thanks for the guide - it worked great. I have the G750JX-TB71. I set Yosemite 10.10.2 up with your configuration using Clover. I had the same problem at the USB install that you had - sat for awhile with one minute to go, reboot and finish install. I seem to have everything working, except for a couple of issues. Wifi won't work because I have the Atheros card that is not compatible. I'm using an Engenius USB adapter for wifi. The computer won't sleep, it just shuts down within 5 minutes, either on battery or plugged in. When I run HWMonitor the system fan and fan RPM don't seem to be registering. GPU fan shows 15344 rpm. The other problem is with the keyboard backlight. When the computer boots up, the keyboard is faintly lit. When I turn it to high, it stays on for ten seconds, then goes out completely. Anyway to keep it on high? Thanks again for the guide.

ROG Member Array

Hey whats up guys, I am a long time viewer first time caller. I followed bozzfields guide and then found pcfr33k guide.

I have done the clover installation on 10.9.1 with with pcfr33k's files and I am getting stuck at the White screen with an apple in the middle of the screen and no loading bar.

I have a Asus G750JX-DB71 with a 770m Graphics Card.

If anybody can help that would be awesome I bought this laptop last month so I could put osx on it and I still haven't gotten everything 100% functional

ROG Member Array

Ok, I got everything up and running except for the AppleHDA.kext

I am on Yosemite any thoughts?

I installed using kext utility and have tried dropping it in and then fixing the permissions. Also booting up with no cache.

ROG Member Array

Got everything working thanks for pcfr33k and AAndrei

ROG Member Array sthomp001 PC Specs
    sthomp001 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G750JX-TB71
    MotherboardIntel HM87 (Lynx Point)
    Processori7-4700HQ Haswell 2.4GHz
    Memory (part number)HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB NO AA 1343
    Graphics Card #13GB Nvidia GTX770M
    OS Wndows 8, Yosemite 10.10.2

Figured out the keyboard backlight issue by editing the AsusNBFnkeys.kext. Still can't get sleep to work correctly. The computer will not sleep - it just powers down by itself after roughly five minutes or when I click on sleep in the dropdown menu. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by sthomp001 View Post
    Figured out the keyboard backlight issue by editing the AsusNBFnkeys.kext. Still can't get sleep to work correctly. The computer will not sleep - it just powers down by itself after roughly five minutes or when I click on sleep in the dropdown menu. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
    What computer do you have.

I had the asus jx, and after about 80 hours of looking randomly through the thread and trying different installs I found online and from other sources. I found the easiest way to get my backlight to work was with pcfr33k files. I never got it to work just installing in the kext folder. I think it needs to be a dsdt patch within a clover boot.

I still can't wake on battery but my sleep seems to be working fine.

pcfr33k has his dsdt in is dropbox I would look there.

Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast