Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 881
  1. #781
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7


  2. #782
    ROG Member Array sthomp001 PC Specs
    sthomp001 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G750JX-TB71
    MotherboardIntel HM87 (Lynx Point)
    Processori7-4700HQ Haswell 2.4GHz
    Memory (part number)HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB NO AA 1343
    Graphics Card #13GB Nvidia GTX770M
    OS Wndows 8, Yosemite 10.10.2

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by SkylerCrank View Post
    What computer do you have.

    I had the asus jx, and after about 80 hours of looking randomly through the thread and trying different installs I found online and from other sources. I found the easiest way to get my backlight to work was with pcfr33k files. I never got it to work just installing in the kext folder. I think it needs to be a dsdt patch within a clover boot.

    I still can't wake on battery but my sleep seems to be working fine.

    pcfr33k has his dsdt in is dropbox I would look there.
    I have the G750JX-TB71 which is very similar to pcfr33k's JX. I think the only difference is ram and wifi adapter. I'm using a USB wifi adapter because my card isn't compatible. I just edited the AsusNBFnkeys.kext's info.plist so that at boot up the keyboard backlight is at 6 and the autooff was at 60000 ms so the backlight woud stay on longer. My problem with sleep is that it won't sleep. If I hit sleep in the menu, the computer powers down.
    If I don't use the keyboard or mouse for more than 5 minutes, it will power down. I used the same DSDT and SSDT as pcfr33k, so I don't know where I went wrong. I might just try to reinstall. I used all his files and instructions. What could I have missed on the install?

  3. #783
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    @sthomp001
    Dang dude, the wifi card is rough I have to use a bridge on my original Hackintosh.
    Unfortunately I am noob at patching and getting stuff to work. I am leaving work now but I will look for a fix tonight.
    Have you done any previous installs where it has worked?
    Also I would assume that the problems is somewhere within the DSDT did you use the Asus JX G750JX-DB71 DSDT or the others he provided?

  4. #784
    ROG Member Array sthomp001 PC Specs
    sthomp001 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G750JX-TB71
    MotherboardIntel HM87 (Lynx Point)
    Processori7-4700HQ Haswell 2.4GHz
    Memory (part number)HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB NO AA 1343
    Graphics Card #13GB Nvidia GTX770M
    OS Wndows 8, Yosemite 10.10.2

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by SkylerCrank View Post
    @sthomp001
    Dang dude, the wifi card is rough I have to use a bridge on my original Hackintosh.
    Unfortunately I am noob at patching and getting stuff to work. I am leaving work now but I will look for a fix tonight.
    Have you done any previous installs where it has worked?
    Also I would assume that the problems is somewhere within the DSDT did you use the Asus JX G750JX-DB71 DSDT or the others he provided?
    I did a Yosemite install with Unibeast and sleep worked, other things didn't. I used the Asus JX G750JX-DB71 DSDT figuring that the only difference was the wifi card and possibly ram. pcfr33k's guide gave me an almost complete install.

  5. #785
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by sthomp001 View Post
    I did a Yosemite install with Unibeast and sleep worked, other things didn't. I used the Asus JX G750JX-DB71 DSDT figuring that the only difference was the wifi card and possibly ram. pcfr33k's guide gave me an almost complete install.
    Maybe try booting without kext in clover and see if the problem is still there, and if it is then we know for sure it is the DSDT. If it fixes the problem, then all you have to do is delete a kext at a time and boot without cache until you find the right one to get rid off.

    If booting without kext's or cache doesn't fix the problem then we have narrowed it down to the DSDT then it will come down to a patch and this is where it get's hazy for my because I am terrible at patching.

    I know rehabman has a git hub full of patches that might work. However, if you do the wrong one it might crash the patch and you have to redo the install again. Unless you have OS and EFI on your second drive which I would recommend until you get your OS drive 100%.

    pcfr33k
    Has a post I think might help with this
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/i...39406-p-3.html

    Rehabman's DSDT Patch Try Second:

    https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch


    Keep me update I'll try what I can.

  6. #786
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Keyword backlight requires the following patch:
    Code:
    # Patch by EMlyDinEsH (OSXLatitude)
    # Patches for Controlling Asus keyboard backlight 
    # from my drivers AsusNBFnKeys and ELAN Touchpad
    
    # Inserting backlight off control field for ELAN and Fn Keys driver
    into device label ATKD code_regex Name\s\(BOFF,\sZero\) remove_matched;
    into device label ATKD insert begin Name (BOFF, Zero) end;
    
    # Method SKBL for setting keyboard backlight level
    into method label SKBL parent_label ATKD remove_entry;
    into Device label ATKD insert begin
    Method (SKBL, 1, NotSerialized)\n
              {\n
    		If (Or (LEqual (Arg0, 0xED), LEqual (Arg0, 0xFD)))\n
                    {\n
                        If (LEqual(Arg0, BOFF))\n
                         {\n
                            Store (Zero, Local0)\n
                         }\n
    		    Else\n
    		    {\n
    			Return (One)\n
    		    }\n
                    }\n
                    Else\n
                    {\n
                        If(Or (LEqual (Arg0, 0xEA), LEqual (Arg0, 0xFA)))\n
                        {\n
                            Store (KBLV, Local0)\n
    			If (LEqual(Arg0, 0xEA))\n
                            {\n
                                Store (0xED, BOFF)\n
                            }\n
                            Else \n
                            {\n
                                Store (0xFD, BOFF)\n
                            }\n
                        }\n
                        Else\n 
                        {\n
                            Store (Arg0, Local0)\n
    			Store (Arg0, KBLV)\n
                        }\n
                    }\n
                    Store (DerefOf (Index (PWKB, Local0)), Local1)\n
                    ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x04B1, Local1)\n
                    Return (One)\n
                }
    end;
    
    # Method GKBL for reading keyboard backlight level
    into method label GKBL parent_label ATKD remove_entry;
    into Device label ATKD insert begin
    Method (GKBL, 1, NotSerialized)\n
                {\n
                   Return (KBLV)\n
                }
    end;
    More info available at: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.p...sus-notebooks/

  7. #787
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Hi !

    First of all, thank you for this great tuto !
    But I have a problem with my graphic card who isn't recognized...
    I'm using an Asus G750JX-CV030H (with 3D screen and GTX 770M) and trying to install Mavericks 10.9.2.
    I have 2 HHD both 750GB, the first contains the installation of W7 in only 1 partition (C) and the second being also previously only 1 partition (D) called Data.
    I split the second 750 GB drive in 2 partitions to install OSX on this new second partition, which is done.
    Now, I replaced all kexts and did all steps at the letter but I can still boot only with nv_disable=1 even after installing the latest NVIDIA Web Drivers.

    As I do not know what to do I handed me your help !
    Thank you
    Last edited by Bipbipboom; 04-10-2015 at 09:33 PM.

  8. #788
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    183

    Great News. I have updated Clover.config and AppleHDA to remain Persistent after an OS X update. The Clover config contains script to binary patch AppleHDA on the fly the way it updates the Wireless Adapter for 5GZH and Handoff patches. The only thing that can change is the binary patch as it did this time for WIFI also updated for 10.10.3. But this can be updated easily now with a Clover Config update.

    Still working on Thunderbolt Adapter for External Displays no answer yet, please don't ask more about this until I get some information.

    I don't have time to really answer questions, try to do more searching or ask amongst your peers you will do just fine!!

    You can thank EmlyDInesh for this great feature for the Audio. Dinesh makes the drivers for touchpad and FN keys and Bluetooth etc. You should visit that forum for great support and an EDP program which will be updated soon, http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.p...370-emlydinesh. Please test make sure Audio Channels are working as they were before, like SubWoofer etc!!

    Files uploaded same link below!!
    Last edited by pcfr33k; 04-10-2015 at 10:27 PM.

  9. #789
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    112

    Quote Originally Posted by pcfr33k View Post
    Great News. I have updated Clover.config and AppleHDA to remain Persistent after an OS X update. The Clover config contains script to binary patch AppleHDA on the fly the way it updates the Wireless Adapter for 5GZH and Handoff patches. The only thing that can change is the binary patch as it did this time for WIFI also updated for 10.10.3. But this can be updated easily now with a Clover Config update.

    Still working on Thunderbolt Adapter for External Displays no answer yet, please don't ask more about this until I get some information.

    I don't have time to really answer questions, try to do more searching or ask amongst your peers you will do just fine!!

    You can thank EmlyDInesh for this great feature for the Audio. Dinesh makes the drivers for touchpad and FN keys and Bluetooth etc. You should visit that forum for great support and an EDP program which will be updated soon, http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.p...370-emlydinesh. Please test make sure Audio Channels are working as they were before, like SubWoofer etc!!

    Files uploaded same link below!!
    pcfr33k you did an amazing job collecting that stuff alongside AAndrei.. I was away and then I switched laptops to Dell M3800 but I wasn't satisfied so I'm back on ASUS G750JX and it's awesome to see you kept up with it. Great job.

    I'll look into if I have some time to take your stuff and make bash scripts and stuff to automate the process for folks as much as possible.

    Can you please share your info for patching AppleHDA and other stuff along with AAndrei here, including DSDT patches for G750JX and everything you have.. I'll try to make DSDT patching automated by allowing people to grab their ACPI tables from Clover boot (F4) and then just run the script to get everything patched.

    Also, any additional information for other models would be beneficial if you guys investigated so I can make options in the script to choose which G750 model a user has and simply select that one and the script would do everything.

    I'll try to take piece of your guides and edit the main post for people to have more up to date info instead of reading through a thread with 80+ pages.

  10. #790
    ROG Member Array sthomp001 PC Specs
    sthomp001 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G750JX-TB71
    MotherboardIntel HM87 (Lynx Point)
    Processori7-4700HQ Haswell 2.4GHz
    Memory (part number)HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB NO AA 1343
    Graphics Card #13GB Nvidia GTX770M
    OS Wndows 8, Yosemite 10.10.2

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by SkylerCrank View Post
    Maybe try booting without kext in clover and see if the problem is still there, and if it is then we know for sure it is the DSDT. If it fixes the problem, then all you have to do is delete a kext at a time and boot without cache until you find the right one to get rid off.

    If booting without kext's or cache doesn't fix the problem then we have narrowed it down to the DSDT then it will come down to a patch and this is where it get's hazy for my because I am terrible at patching.

    I know rehabman has a git hub full of patches that might work. However, if you do the wrong one it might crash the patch and you have to redo the install again. Unless you have OS and EFI on your second drive which I would recommend until you get your OS drive 100%.

    pcfr33k
    Has a post I think might help with this
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/i...39406-p-3.html

    Rehabman's DSDT Patch Try Second:

    https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch


    Keep me update I'll try what I can.
    Still can't get sleep to work correctly on my G750JX-TB71. I think it has something to do with the DSDT, but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Most everything else that I've tested is working.
    Last edited by sthomp001; 04-11-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •