cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus No sound in BF4 and teamspeak3

mekar
Level 7
Hi

I`am having serious issues with this sound card, and BF4 combined with TeamSpeak3.

The one of these to programs that i STARTS FIRST get sound, the other no sound at all.

I alsow loose sound if i start playing BF4 multiple time after eachother. (quit and restart)

In BF3 i must start the game and then in game Alt+Tab and log in to TS3 to get it working,

but when a new map is loaded

I loose the sound in BF3.

THIS HAVE BEEN AN ISSUE FOR A LONG TIME NOW

ANY FIX WOULD BE APPRECIATED ...
14 REPLIES 14

dsp
Level 7
Best fix is to get another sound card
same problems here and a lot more
but bf4 is still full of bugs (also sound related) and the phoebus is 1 big bug that hasn't worked from the start they released it

cx-ray
Level 12
I've been using this card with BF3, BF4, and TS3 without issues. You may want to check the Communications settings in the Sound control panel. Make sure it's set to Do nothing. Also, disable your on-board sound in the BIOS if it applies. If that's not the problem, I'm afraid you may have a software or hardware conflict.

Adrian_H
Level 7
I will return the card if i will not find the solution to the microphone buzzing noise, which occurs louder, when gpu is in stress, and it's independent from drivers.

Communications settings... check
BIOS... check
Mounted in another rig... check

STILL the same problems

xfiniti64
Level 7
"which occurs louder, when gpu is in stress" ges what ! you psu is complyte trash. It use same 6pin like you gpu. I can tell this, wth orion stereo headset i have 0 problems in any game or program. Wth 7.1 tiamat , i have many problems.

mekar
Level 7
Kinda got it fixed;)

Finally solved this one by disabling the following setting:

"Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"

which I found under Control Panel > Sound > ASUS XONAR PHOEBUS Audio Device > Advanced (on Win7 64 bit)

Now TS3 and BF4 run fine together 🙂

Enable Flex Bass while you're in there (Effects tab) - I have a Razor Tiamat 7.1 and it sounds awfully tinny without this one enabled.

mekar
Level 7

Glasofruix
Level 8
A recon 3D ??????? I call that a suicide.