cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minecraft Creeper MbK

kier
Level 7

New scratch build coming 🙂 Having played two years on the Cars computer my son has a new addiction ... Just like his old man, building things.
Not PCs(not yet) but Minecraft.

So what could be more fun than a Minecraft Creeper build?

He has now been two years older than his first air-cooled PC and is now it's time for a watercooled rig for his Minecraft.

First I want to thank wwwicked for the beautiful banner ... Top Mark!! Thanks

As mentioned: The Creeper

And so I did ... first went to the local hardware store and buyed several aluminum strips.
Bought Flat strips, angles and other junk. Very nice to work like old times just the same as with Meccano.

At first I only had a picture of the Creeper. But it's better to have a real plastic Creeper. So I bought one and applied a scale of about 1:5.

First builded the mid section around the PSU.

Put the head together.

And Started with the legs.

When the real plastic Creeper came in and saw that the center piece did not match the scale I shortened it a bit. And then put the legs together.

I still had an old acrylic mobo tray which nicely fits in the head of the Creeper. And put an Asus Maximus V Gene on it.

Beneath the mobo tray I placed a 360 rad with some beautiful green Nanoxia fans.

Now that the frame is ready, time the next step. The cover up, For this I will use acrylic with green vinyl.

After some thinking and some tips I found 2 HDD coolers that I had lying around, which will nice when liquid passes through. So after some cutting and pasting:

First leg finished. Time for the 2e

3rd leg and midplate done. Now mount every thing very good to reduce the cracks to a minimum

More soon 🙂
19 REPLIES 19

kier
Level 7

Update!!!

There he is again, the Creeper....

After the last update I was messing around with acrylic covers and was not happy about this.
Nevertheless The front of the head was not bad.

And the sides of the head where also not bad,

But I just was not happy with the gaps between the acrylic covers. Therefore disassembled everything again

And made everything with 6mm mdf

Made everything smooth and sanded it.

And let the wife paint

When she was doing her thing, I had exchanged the previous mobo (ASUS Gene) and placed a Gigabyte Z68 (ATX) What suits better because of the format. And stick some nice old school and new EKWB blocks on it.

And after some brainstorming.... yet again the horizontal way.

To accomplish this, I created an extra acrylic cover.

kier
Level 7

All horizontal again

And connected everything in the front again.

More coming soon 😉

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Love it Kier!!! i'm not too fond of bright green, but that looks really awesome, so good job 😄

Antronman
Level 10
Mah ghad, that looks amazing.

Specs?
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Update!!!

For the midplate where the reservoirs and pump will be placed, I have cut out 2 pieces of acrylic

And give it a color

Connected the reservoir (input) on the radiator (output)

Other res connected the input like the previous res

Connected the outputs onto the input pomp (MCP355).

and connected everything.

Time to fill the Creeper. Made a nice movie about this:

Once filled... it was time for shooting some nice pictures.

And stacked everything together.

Temporarily placed the head on.

And continuing with the head covers

More soon!!!

kier
Level 7
Thanks!!!

Specs:
i5 2400
2x Radeon HD7870
GB Z68x-ud4-b3
8GB dominator
SSD 120GB and maybe will install 1TB HDD

hero1
Level 7
Awesome work as usual.
i7 4770K| ASUS Maximus VI Formula| G. Skill Ripjaws Z 16 GB 1866 MHz| 256 Samsung 830| AMD R9 290X CF| Silverstone S. E 1000W| Creative SB Z| Samsung DVDRW| Dell 27" U2713HM| Logitech G710+| Corsair M60 and G27 Racing Wheel| Sennheiser PC 350
Cooling: 2 x 360 mm EKWB XTX rads, EK-D5 Vario w/ Plexi Top, X3 Res, Supr Plexi Copper, CSQ fittings, Noctua Fans

Love it! At the same time I hate it cause now my son is begging for one. Great Job!
Maximus VI Impact, 4770k @4.6GHz, 8Gb Corsair Dom GT 1866, ASUS GTX 760 DCII, Samsung 840 Evo Pro 256Gb SSD, Water Cooled with Bitspower & Alphacool

abvolt
Level 11
You're craftsmanship is really good, And your design choice is very unique to say the least, Looks great.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20