cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus 6 Extreme SLI issue

Eltoony
Level 7
Hi,

I have 2 GTX Titans in SLI and for some reason they are not being recognized in both the device manager nor in the nVidia Control Panel. The cards are connected to PCI slot1 and slot3 (black) and not other PCI slots are being occupied, however, the second card is not showing up at all. I made sure that the SLI connector is well connect but still nothing. I switched the cards and ran them separately on Slot 1 and both are working fine. I checked the BIOS and could not find anything relating to the PCI or SLI, but nothing grabbed my attention.

I am running the latest BIOS
I am running windows 8.1 Pro
Intel 4770K
Samsung Evo Pro running in RAID (working fine)
Dominator Platinum 32GB 21300 (8*8)

I need help to resolve this issue please.

regards, Tarek
13 REPLIES 13

Eltoony
Level 7
I just noticed that the second card is not even showing up in the BIOS. only card in slot 1 showing at 8*. What's the deal here? is there anything that i am missing?

Eltoony wrote:
I just noticed that the second card is not even showing up in the BIOS. only card in slot 1 showing at 8*. What's the deal here? is there anything that i am missing?

i will be following this one, i got the same issue but with 570's, slot 1 is showing *8 and 0* on slot 2

EDIT:

forgot to mention that this is for the formula mobo (not extreme)

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you confirm that you have set Gen 3 as your default PCIe configuration.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Yes, it was first set to auto and I changed it to Gen3, still not picking up the card in the bios.

Eltoony
New ROGer

Yes, it was first set to auto and I changed it to Gen3, still not picking up the card in the bios.

HiVizMan wrote:
Could you confirm that you have set Gen 3 as your default PCIe configuration.

Eltoony wrote:

that was the first thought i has in mind. I switched the power connectors and Slot1 was recognized in BIOS. Nevertheless, I am using Corsair AX 1200 and power is OK.

went to ASUS service center. Turns out the B slot is defective and ASUS was kind enough to replace the motherboard. So, all excited, went back home and re-assembled the mother board. SLI is finally working. ya

I am however facing a new challenge, weird one to say the least. The issue is related to DDR 32GB (8*4). The system is not accepting more than 1 DDR 8 GB, first black slot. I tried pairs, all 4 but it is not working. So i checked all DDR on that first bacl slot and all are working fine. The system just doesn't boot when it is connected to any other slot, if i pair it up or put all 4 DDR. The system doesn't load not goes into BIOS, just gives a a no signal to the screen. On the board a number "55" is always showing up when that happens. When i remove everything and leave just one in the first slot, it beeps and start working. The rams were working perfectly fine on the older board, so i'm not sure whats the deal with this one.

DDR is Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 32GB (8*4) one pack.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards, T

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please indicate how you are powering the two Titan cards and ensure that all the connectors are fitted.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.