cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dead in water please help with Raid 1 setup with UEFI problems?

Airbender
Level 7
Hello

here is the video of my issue :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m5I0O-nuF4&feature=yout...

I am not able to install OS with Raid 1 with 2 SSD drives 120GB each and UEFI Motherboard

=======================
Motherboard:
ASUS M5A97 Evo - AM3+ - 970 - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - ATX AMD ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboards
========================

No matter what i do nothing works

My system is an AMD

so this what i am doing i put 2 SSD on Port 1 and Port 2 of Motherboard , Go to bios enable Hardware raid 1
once raid 1 is built then i have a USB Stick that was created by rufus_v1.3.4 and plugin USB to pc and go to bios and boot UEFI USB Data Drive windows os load , i put second USB which i have Raid Driver for windows 7 64bit , OS now see 2 hard drives as 1 with Raid 1 , i install OS , then after few windows updates pc restart and no os found

Then i tried with DVD , i am not able to make a bootable DVD of windows 7 64bit with UEFI so i go to bios and then Boot with DVD Room Drive with UEFI and same thing put usb get the raid driver install os

Then OS not found after restart

I have tried install OS with just DVD Room and NOT UEFI but same thing

Very strange thing not sure what to do here

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Seems to be you are overcomplicating things.

Put your 2 SSD in the SATA 6G ports.

Go into BIOS and find them, change the SATA mode to RAID.

Open the AMD RAID utility when prompted.

Build your RAID.

Save and exit.

Use the Windows USB tool to make your OS install drive.

Do not install OS with any other drives connected except the USB drive you made. Make sure you use SP1 OS no other drivers needed for RAID.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hello

That what i did not luck
In asus motherboard Raid option once it is enabled it is enabled for all 6 Ports
so even when i connect both SSD on port 5 and Port 6 and then try to install no luck

Please advise

HiVizMan
Level 40
May I ask why you are using those two ports? I tend to use 0 and 1 for my primary RAID array?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.