Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55VW headphone issue

ahmd1907
Level 7
hi
i have an Asus g55VW for a year and this problem is driving me crazy
i have tried everything try to solve it but no results
the problem is that after a 15 min using headphones and listening to music its disconnects for no reason and the sound goes to the laptop speakers even that my headphones are connected to the laptop i don't know why whatever i do the sound keep coming from the laptop speakers even if i restart the laptop just after a few restarts maybe 4 or 5 times the sound get back to the headphones i have tried every VIA driver and i have the last BIOS 217 but no solution
so please tell me what to do if there is any fix for this problem
and another thing sometimes when i am using the headphones just before the headphones will disconnect i start hearing crackles sounds from the headphones and the laptop speakers then it will disconnect and the sound goes back to the laptop speakers
any solution please and thank you
12 REPLIES 12

Session101
Level 7
i had this similar problem, i would plug in headphones and the sound would still come out the speakers, and vice versa, also had to manually change the output in the sound preferences. Its fixed now, Basically i went and upgraded the sound driver manually, and uninstalled the VIA HD audio deck and it was fixed.

ahmd1907
Level 7
so as i got it you don't have the VIA audio deck now .. because if it so i have tried this before and its was working fine .. but the sound was so terrible and so low .. the laptop playing sounds without a driver its not a solution for this .. because i need the VIA audio deck for more good sound..thank you
anyone has a solution ?

Pitcher1
Level 9
what is your OS? Win 7, Win 8, or Win 8.1? please visit asus support site to download new audio driver to try it.

ahmd1907
Level 7
i have windows 8 64bit and right now i am downloading the 8.1 64 bit .. what new audio driver ?
i have the last one for the VIA Audio its from their website not from the asus website

ahmd1907
Level 7

ahmd1907
Level 7
uppp

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think you are upgrate to win 8 and install all driver then updrate to win 8.1, if still have problem, please reinstall win 8 audio driver, if not fix, i think you will sent to service center to check it.

ahmd1907
Level 7
i have tried everything from installing reinstalling audio drivers and windows 8 and windows 8.1 but it still the same ... even when i plug the headphone in the headphones jack and there is sound in them in the sounds devices its says that what actually playing music is the speakers of the laptop ( and the sound is in the headphones ) .. its like the laptop does not recognize the headphone even that there is sound in them sometimes

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
If you think there might be a hardware issue with the jack, you may want to check this older link http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1313-Asus-G60Vx-headphone-jack-stuck-quot-on-quot&highlight... and look for post #6 on 02-03-2011 02:15 PM which will take you to another forum.
Check post #337 on 13th February 2010, 09:13 AM at the other forum to see if it's something you want to look into and sorry for the wild goose chase.

If it helps, you might want to look into some USB headphones and avoid the headphone jack?