cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g750 gtx770 gpu problem

jesuscrik
Level 7
hi guys, i bought a g750 jx whit gtx 770.. after the last driver update ( r331 version 331.65) my gpu is always at 95-96% of his power.. alway.. when i started my pc and also after 6 houre of power, but i dont run any grafic program, just stay in desktop mode, or downloading torrent.. or listening music whit itunes.. my gpu temperature is always on 65 °C.. also if i'm in battery mode, and my fan noise is big.
before i update gpu driver this didnt appear, and my gpu temperture was on 32-40°C when it was at 10-20% of his power.. there is any solution? can i set my gpu power like i can do whit cpu? or is only a driver problem?
sorry for my english, but im italian:D
ty for any help
8 REPLIES 8

jesuscrik
Level 7
i try to close any internet connection and i found that my problem disappear.. my gpu came from 95% load to 0 or 1% of load... so i think it could be a virus or something like it

Hello jesuscrik, i guess your rig is infected by a bitcoin mining virus. The behaviour you describing is typicall for that infection. Bitcoin miners use gpu power to create bitcoins, for doing that they download and upload data from internet. Please check your taskmanager, if believe you will find a process which cause also some cpu usage in idle mode. This will be your bitcoin virus. You can also check with antivirus, but googke first because most freeware antivirus wont detect it.

Good luck!

reka121402
Level 7
+1 to bitcoin mining.

Be careful what and where you download from torrents, this is most likely where you got the virus.

Maxter
Level 9
To remove, install spybot search and destroy or malwarebytes (both safe from their main websites), update the software and shut off the windows protection (this way when keys are removed from the registry, they don't come back because of the auto-recovery). I usually perform the scans on safemode (bare bones windows), but it should work during normal loaded windows...

Nehmia
Level 9
Only install driver updates from ASUS and do not install GeForce Experience as it will automatically then update to the nVIDIA Drivers. The nVIDIA Drivers also have performance issues in 2D/Desktop mode, very choppy compared to the ASUS Drivers

nVIDIA GeForce Drivers 9.18.13.2683

Look at my temps in desktop mode after my laptop is on for 24 hours straight:

ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

Maxter
Level 9
I'm going to have to disagree that the ASUS drivers are better than the ones from nVidia... What I do agree is that GeForce Experience is crap. The nVidia drivers keep you up to date for the latest gaming. The ASUS drivers for the GPU are way old already.

jesuscrik
Level 7
ty to all.. i resolv.. at the end it was a bitcoin miner, but my anti-virus didn't detect him... i tryed whit another anti-virus (norton) and it resolved my problem
thank you for help me 😄

Maxter
Level 9
nice! dat bitcoin (I had this issue a month ago)...