Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array

it's ok, thanks for the help.

i'm not anywhere near a service center, unfortunately. i may just look into an outside repair service if and when i actually need this fixed.

thanks again,
    mondo

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by mondo-t View Post
    i may just look into an outside repair service if and when i actually need this fixed.
    fyi.

Outside repair services may be able to help check the cable connections for you, but may not have the tool to enable the keyboard backlight for the replacement motherboard if it's necessary, so something to be aware of.

New ROGer Array

Red face My laptop Asus gl552jx-cn316t Keyboard Backlit not working

Hi,

My laptop keyboard backlit is not working. I tried to uninstall and again install and update the
    ATK package from asus website, but still keyboard backlit is not getting on.
    Please provide some solution

Thanks and Regards,
    Raghav Sood

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by raghavsood19 View Post
    Hi,

My laptop keyboard backlit is not working. I tried to uninstall and again install and update the
    ATK package from asus website, but still keyboard backlit is not getting on.
    Please provide some solution

Thanks and Regards,
    Raghav Sood
    Mine isn't working either. I've tried 'repairing' the ATK thing several times too. I can't find a solution online but lots of people seem to have the same sort of problem! HELP!!!

New ROGer Array

ATK Driver reinstall

Hi ladies and gents.
    I found this thread yesterday in an effort to fix my own problem, which was as follows:

Asus ROG G751JL notebook running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
    My keyboard backlights would be on sometimes, off other times and seemed to be affected by the computer going to sleep or similar activity. Often when it had been to sleep and then woke up again, my backlights would be off with no way to turn them back on. When starting up they would generally be on, but also with no way of controlling them.

I downloaded the newest ATK driver from http://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-...Desk_download/ and attempted to run the installer to do a "repair". After doing this and restarting a few times and checking the ATK process was running, the Fn+f3 and Fn+f4 keys still had no response.

It seems all I had to do was to run the installer to UNINSTALL ATK first, restart my machine, then run the installer again to INSTALL, instead of simply "repairing".
    This seems to have done the trick and everything seems to be working normally again.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mondo-t View Post
    very strange. i'm in the same exact situation.

i bought my G751JT from a company called "Computer Upgrade King." everything worked fine, but every time i'd boot up the screen would flicker and glitch, and sometimes it would fail to boot up at all, forcing a restart. so i sent it in, they took a look at it, then sent it in to Asus, and from there they replaced the motherboard. i just got the thing back today, and guess what. the keyboard backlight isn't working now. these are quite trivial things as far as overall performance goes, but it's nice to have a feature such as this as to not have to worry about having to see the damn thing.

i did just as Sampo did and installed the latest ATK, as well as an Intel chipset, of which an Asus support representative advised. now they're telling me to send it back ... but is it really worth the wait and the hassle of shipping it out again, all for a damn keyboard light?

i'd appreciate any insight or opinions you guys have on this
    And I'm in the exact same situation as you two. G751 replaced motherboard and now the keyboard backlight no longer works. The keyboard backlight does not turn on during boot or any other time. After trying every ATK option, uninstalling and new installs etc, - I have opened up the laptop and re-seated all the ribbon cables. Still nothing. I've spent a lot of time researching and finally find the answer that makes sense from Albert.

CL-Albert thanks for specifying this is something the technicians forgot to enable. Please let me know how I can enable the backlight as this is very irritating for me! My laptop will be out of warranty soon anyway so please let me know how I can fix this issue.

Much appreciated.
    Last edited by Grantman; 06-27-2016 at 04:59 AM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Dreamonic PC Specs
    Dreamonic PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GX800VH-XS79K
    MotherboardASUS GX800VHK (Intel CM238/IDA154) w/Custom BIOS
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-7820HK @ 4.8Ghz (+150mV) FCBGA 1440
    Memory (part number)64GB (PC4-22400) @ 18-18-18-38-53 (76.D305G.D060B)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (GP104) OC @ +200/+800 w/Custom VBIOS
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (GP104) OC @ +200/+800 w/Custom VBIOS
    MonitorASUS PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 @ 100Hz w/G-SYNC (mDP-to-DP)
    Storage #13x Samsung 512GB NVMe SSD RAID0 (S316NY0HA00959)
    CPU CoolerASUS GX800VHK Water Cooling Dock
    CaseASUS GX800VHK Chassis
    Power SupplyASUS 2x 330W Power Adapter (AC 100~240V, 50/60Hz, 16.9A/19.5V)
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha
    Headset ASUS STRIX 7.1 Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Whetstone
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Arch Linux w/KDE Plasma
    Network RouterAsus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 + GT-AC5300
    Accessory #1 Kensington 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub (K33978WW)

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamonic View Post
    Phew, I can confirm this worked! Had to mess around in bios enabling CSM and toggled secure boot feature and quick boot features (not sure if that changed anything, but initially I had trouble booting off the flash drive).

Much appreciated!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3