cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do i get asus g75vw os system recovery media

shadow_joe331
Level 7
bestbuy guy said i need os system recovery media for asus g75vw for my ssd to make my shut down and startup speed faster.
where can i get one of those? and how much is it? i have windows 8.
23 REPLIES 23

Pitcher1
Level 9
you want to make recover media or want to buy recover CD? if you want to make recover media, you can visit our support site to download ASUS backtracker utility, if you want to buy recover CD, you can visit HERE to buy recover CD.

shadow_joe331
Level 7
the bestbuy guy said it's around 20-40 dollars does it mean its the recovery cd?

shadow_joe331
Level 7
for the service shop i dont see united states

Asus Store sells the recovery disk I think it about $50 I don't remember exactly. You really don't need this for a Window 7 recovery. You can easily Clean Install Windows 7 SP1 HP your key is on the bottom of the NB, and the ISO can easily be downloaded. All the drivers needed can be downloaded from Asus Support Download. There are lots of Guides all over the internet on how to Clean Install Win 7. Then there are a few disk Imaging program out there Macrium Reflect seem to be the best at creating UEFI GPT images that will restore with out issues.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

GottiBoi55
Level 10
You can use the ASUS Backtracker Utility
This utility will help you burn "Recovery Media" from your recovery partition, then you can use the "Recovery Media" to install to you SSD!

Here's a
YouTube video that will show how to do all!
(note about one third of the way into the video, will show using "Recovery Media" to install to the SSD)

Check this LINK, shows that this really works, read post under my post!

GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Pitcher1
Level 9
@shadow.joe331@gmail.com, please visit HERE for USA e-store. please type recover cd and selec G75VW model.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Pitcher@asus wrote:
@shadow.joe331@gmail.com, please visit HERE for USA e-store. please type recover cd and selec G75VW model.

shadow.joe331@gmail.com or others may still want to confirm, but the U.S. eStore only sells Win7 recovery disks (that don't install the recovery partition, so Win7 customers should try to back up the recovery partition with AI Recovery if it's not too late), so you probably will not be able to get Win8 recovery disks for the G75VW since it is not listed under the G75VW items at http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=3619

So, it's a good idea to use ASUS Backtracker or other software to back up your Win8 ASUS image as soon as you receive your notebook in case it's needed later.
Otherwise, if you lose your ASUS Win8 factory image, you will probably need to send the notebook back for service to get it reinstalled.

shadow.joe331@gmail.com wrote:
bestbuy guy said i need os system recovery media for asus g75vw for my ssd to make my shut down and startup speed faster.
where can i get one of those? and how much is it? i have windows 8.

@shadow.joe331@gmail.com, kind of curious if you were able to install Win8 on your SSD and how it's working if you want to discuss this more with others since I don't know that the ASUS Win8 image will be any faster if this matters.
Also, don't think others will agree with the 'bestbuy guy' about this f they are comparing between a clean Win8 install and the ASUS Win8 image, but haven't looked into it much really.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
@cl-Albert
Yes, I confirm the Asus eStore only has Win7 recovery set for the G75VW, and other models.

(See this message below from the Asus eStore site)

"Windows 8 Recovery Software Information
eStore does not carry Windows 8 Recovery Software"

I wasted $50 USD ($59 with S&H fee) on the recovery disk set from the eStore!
If you want to do a "clean install" of windows 7 (with all first install drivers), and BTW it's not even Windows 7/SP1!
(You will need to update to SP1)
To me $50 USD is a little high for the Recovery Disk Set from the eStore, while others like HP sells them for $19!!!

You right about the "Recovery Partition", the disk set will not recreate the Recovery Partition!

PS: But I did use the "AI Recovery Set" to install the Factory Windows 7 image
with the "Recovery Partition" to my SSD.
(As in the YouTube video I posted early on in this thread)
I did remove most of the bloatware I didn't need, and cleaned up the registry after I did the AI Recovery BTW.

PPS: The "Asus Backtracker Disk Set" will do the same for the Windows 8 model.

GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

shadow_joe331
Level 7
i have windows 8 and i tried backtracker it failed to do a recovery image backup on 3 of my flashdrive alrdy idk why it's doing this.