cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Formula-Z Code 66

XxROJOxX
Level 7
Hi all, I have a small problem and been looking for information about the code 66, and appears to be related to the reports, you will see, when I boot my computer in Table Q-code AA brand, but when the computer takes many hours working the brand table 66, and checked my ram from windows, and brand me well without fault, nor any lED lights on the motherboard, and the computer continues to run perfectly, just mark the number 66, you think that I care?
18 REPLIES 18

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome to ROG - XxROJOxX.

Try reseating your memory.
You can also try one stick of memory at a time .. starting with the one farthest from the cpu.
Do you still get the error ?
[If this does not work, Please list your hardware, including the memory model #]
Are the memories one kit of 4 or two sets of 2 ? btw.
You can also run memtest from HiVizMan.

Best of luck. Keep us posted.c.

XxROJOxX
Level 7
Thanks for answering the problem esque error 66 does not give up after several hours, even several days does not give it, my ram is 4 16gb 4gb modules in total, of kingston hyper x, proves to leave only one module and testing ire I will put the second resustados have them thanks.

Well after trying a few days, it seems that I have no longer the problem 66, before the memory test, uninstall the program all suite 2 because law giving problems, since it away and I have no problem 66, only at startup the pc and while I'm in the bios, but I guess it is normal, one sees starts loading windows I have the code AA.

Now my question, is it possible for a program like all suite can cause errors?

Zka17
Level 16
My code 66 was caused totally by the memories I had that time... changing the memory kit completely resolved the issue...

Zka17 wrote:
My code 66 was caused totally by the memories I had that time... changing the memory kit completely resolved the issue...

So my memories malfunctioning? to get code when you enter the bios?

XxROJOxX wrote:
So my memories malfunctioning? to get code when you enter the bios?

Not 100% sure, just shared how I resolved my code 66 issue...

Have you done memtest86+ as per the link provided by chrsplmr above?

Poco_OM
Level 10
What ram are you running?

Poco OM wrote:
What ram are you running?

It is a kit of kingston, 16gb KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX, the board gave me the code had installed 66 while all suite 2, but I have uninstalled and is no error, only when I enter the bios settings, but after doing well

XxROJOxX
Level 7
Had not passed the memtest86 because the code is not to come out again, but I'll post to see