Threaded View

ROG Enthusiast Array RamGuy PC Specs
    RamGuy PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MacBook Pro 13-inch retina with touch bar 2016
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Apex @ 1003
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K @ 4.9GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 4266MHz 2x 8GiB (F4-4266C19D-16GTZR)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid
    Sound CardHegel HD12 External DAC
    MonitorAsus RoG PG348Q + Asus RoG PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Black
    Power SupplySeasonic Platinum 1200W (SS-1200XP3)
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire Cherry MX Speed
    Mouse Logitech G Pro
    Headset Sennheiser HD 800
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK Extended
    OS Windows 10 Pro (1709 Fall Creators Update)
    Network RouterGoogle WiFi with 3x nodes (Previously Asus RT-AC5300)
    Accessory #1 Xbox One Elite Controller + Wireless Adapter
    Accessory #2 Zowie Mouse Bungie
    Accessory #3 TPM-Module (Trusted Platform Module)

And there we go again, my desktop is just randomly shutting down by itself. No errors on the RAM, not when testing with only one stick, not when testing all four at the same time. And this was with the four RAM I'm 100% certain is working perfectly so this is pretty much telling me that RAM has nothing to do with it. Tested with starting up the machine, with only one stick of the RAM which I know it's working and it keeps freezing, not only in Windows but also while booting and even when browsing the BIOS if I'm unlucky.

I guess the next step is to test without having the Corsair Link installed, but what harm can the Corsair Link really do as it has nothing to do with how the motherboard and the system behaves? Unless it for some reason would mess with the fan settings making my system overheat (it's not overheating without any overlocking in a matter of seconds.. That's highly unlikely.) which it's obviously not as the fans are running and the Intel Core i7-3960X is not overheating on stock settings on low-load when all fans are running with a four-fan push / pull configuration on a Corsair H100, there is no sign of high temperatures in the BIOS either.

It smells like a faulty motherboard if you ask me, and as this is my fourth Rampage IV Extreme going haywire on me I'll ask my reseller to provide me with something other than a new Rampage IV Extreme as this is starting to become quite silly. What would be the best pick for a 24 / 7, 110% stable and reliable LGA2011 setup? The Asus Sabertooth X79, the new P9X79-E WS perhaps?